Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm new to Google calendar, but since the 1.0.3 update I seem to have the sync working both ways. I can create events on the Pre or on the Google calendar and they sync to the other location. Great!

I've set my pre to always have an alert reminder whenever I create a new appointment on it. But when I create an appointment on the Google calendar, I must turn the alarm on manually on the Pre after it syncs and shows up on the Pre.

Note: Yeah, I know that Google has its own set of reminder options like sending an email alert, or creating a pop-up, but neither of these is the same as the calendar alert beep on my Pre.

Is there any way to create a calendar event in the Google calendar that has the Pre alarm set to "on"?
    Not near a PC to confirm this, but I believe if you use the popup reminder option in Google Calendar it will transfer to a reminder on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    what he said, it works and has worked since day one on my phone
    It works fine for me, both ways. I create an event in Google Calendar (with a default reminder) and it syncs to the Pre. The Pre notifies me at the appropriate time.

Works the other way, too. I create an event on the Pre and Google Calendar pops up with an alert.

I just did it with a test appointment and reconfirmed. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. My guess is if you don't use Google's pop-up reminder, they assume you don't want an alarm on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Note: Yeah, I know that Google has its own set of reminder options like sending an email alert, or creating a pop-up, but neither of these is the same as the calendar alert beep on my Pre.
    Here is your error. The Google pop-up alert is the same as the pop-up alert on the phone. Try it!

-darren
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the help. I discovered my error. The reason the pop-up didn't work for me is that I tried to set Google's "pop-up" at ZERO minutes. It came over with no reminder instead. Once I set it for 10 minutes lead time (Google's default) it worked.

If you care why I want to set appointments with zero lead time...

While I realize this is not an appointment reminder option on the Pre, I had hoped to be able to set appointments with zero minutes lead time on the Google calendar so it would beep at the appointment time itself. I use this regularly for things like phone call reminders, take prescription reminders, etc. Who needs 5 minutes lead time to make a phone call?!

Well, I guess this is just one more of the many missing calendar features I hope I get back from Palm or 3rd party developers someday soon.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    After more testing...

The pop-up from Google does work in activating the event alarm on the Pre ONLY IF you use one of the known preset times the Pre calendar has built in.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    After more testing...

The pop-up from Google does work in activating the event alarm on the Pre ONLY IF you use one of the known preset times the Pre calendar has built in.
    Wow - I'm glad you found this. Not knowing it could have gotten me into trouble! I hope this is fixed in the future.

-darren
    would someone guide me as to how to set the Google "pop up". I don't see it. thanx
    Go to Google Calendar (on your computer, not the Pre), click settings, click on the calendar you want to modify, choose your notification option.

(That's from memory. I'm too lazy right now to go look at the actual screens.)