1.    #1  
    I work in an area where the Sprint signal is very poor.

I am getting tired of getting and hearing notifications that my Pre cant connect to the Data network. How can i stop this? all my email has been set to manual.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    When this happens to me, I do the ##EVDO# hack.
    Choose the Call Function.
    Type in #, #, 3, 8, 3, 6, #

Or basically make a call to ##EVDO#...

You will get a screen that lets you choose what connection you want. For places where I don't get any signal such as EVDO or even Roaming, I choose 1xRTT. It's a little slower, but works nonetheless.

To change it back to normal, just call again (it doesn't take long) and switch back to: Hybrid Rev-A or whatever is at the bottom.

Do at your own risk though. I don't think there are any harmful effects by doing this, but I could be wrong.
  3.    #3  
    the thing is if i force roam to EVDO (i only have 1xRTT) i cannot receive calls.

now this is becoming a problem...

i have now erased ALL my email accounts, and my phone still connects to the data network!

is this Synergy's fault? do they really sync in real time? i wonder how often it tries to sync.
    I don't think synergy syncs in real-time, but it is supposed to sync fairly often. I entered a calendar appt in my google account (on my pc) and waited over 30min and it still didn't appear on my Pre. After I manually synchronized, it appeared....
  5.    #5  
    i think it searches for it more often than every 30 mins though
    Because of Sprint's network whenever you are using data on 1xrtt you are not going to receive phone calls, text messages or voicemail notifications. It's a function of the network.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Because of Sprint's network whenever you are using data on 1xrtt you are not going to receive phone calls, text messages or voicemail notifications. It's a function of the network.
    yeah i know this as a fact. My problem is why my phone keeps connecting to the data network while i dont see anything else that should be connecting to the internet.