Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    So ive been messing with these all day, and when i put it on EVDO only my battery life was amazing and i didnt lose signal hardly anywhere...BUT i also didnt get any texts. When i put it back into 1xRTT it gave me all of my txt msgs in one giant batch, but the signal still stayed strong. The moment i put it back into hybrid it gets really spotty coverage, bouncing all over the place and the battery dyin like mad....

    I think theres an major issue with running both 1x and EV modes on this phone simulaneously...just my opinion!

    And shouldnt SMS be using EV mode by now....pretty lame that it only uses 1x....
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
  2. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yeah... When I put it on Hybrid mode, it was okay. However, signal jumps a lot.
    1x is fine, but slow for webpages and stuff.

    I feel as if I should go to a place and then put it on EV or 1x... because Hybrid makes horrible choices. :/
  3. #3  
    Yeah...hybrid is the only way to go. If you have it in EVDO only, you won't get any texts messages because texts are not being send over EVDO but over 1x instead, so no 1x, no texts...but I am sure you knew that already.
  4. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #4  
    I tried EVDO only too and I could make calls but not receive calls or sms. My signal stayed strong so that was a big disappointment.
  5. #5  
    SMS is sent over signaling/control channels on the voice network (EvDO is data only) which is why you can receive text messages while on a call.
  6. mtgmt's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #6  
    what about evdo 0 vs evdo A
  7. #7  
    EVDO 0 = Older slower version. EVDO A = Fastest you can presently get on an American cell network save for 4G.

    I think this thread proves why ##EVDO# Is not a published feature.
  8. #8  
    The difference in signal strenght as indicated by the signal strength indicator seems purely placebo to me. Just because the indicator shows 3 or 4 bars consistently compared to the jumping around when in hybrid mode, doesn't mean your phone works any better. I did speed tests in both settings and the results were pretty much the same. Just leave it on hybrid, it's your only choice unless you don't have friends that text.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The difference in signal strenght as indicated by the signal strength indicator seems purely placebo to me. Just because the indicator shows 3 or 4 bars consistently compared to the jumping around when in hybrid mode, doesn't mean your phone works any better. I did speed tests in both settings and the results were pretty much the same. Just leave it on hybrid, it's your only choice unless you don't have friends that text.
    You are right. Indicator bars on most phones are very very inaccurate. Anyone that came from the the world of loading custom roms for Winmo phones would know that you can get wildly different results in signal bar indication but the same real world performance.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    You are right. Indicator bars on most phones are very very inaccurate. Anyone that came from the the world of loading custom roms for Winmo phones would know that you can get wildly different results in signal bar indication but the same real world performance.
    LOL...I came from there....
  11. mtgmt's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #11  
    i noticed on evdo 0 when i sent a test text it came thru 2 times on several occassions i tested it with my ichat on the computer between both evdo
    evdo 0 send one text the person gets double
    evdo A send one text person gets one text
    mt
  12. #12  
    There's one thing I have to say about EVDO; in the two years I've been on it, I've (never) had a call dropped! Never. Before, calls were dropped all the time. So, these other problems between EVDO and "Pre" I guess they are still working out the bugs. But Calls - Unbelievable!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    There's one thing I have to say about EVDO; in the two years I've been on it, I've (never) had a call dropped! Never. Before, calls were dropped all the time. So, these other problems between EVDO and "Pre" I guess they are still working out the bugs. But Calls - Unbelievable!
    unfortunately...calls use 1x as well buddy...only data uses EVDO

Posting Permissions