Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My phone has one dead pixel and the slider has a slight wobble.... both are not even noticable unless you really try to see it.
    Love it...At least I'm not alone with the same issues, me no worry though, it's going to get beat up over the next few months regardless. This thing is a little multi-tasking monster, I just cant get over it. I played with my co-workers new iPhone 3GS today for about an hour or so, to think I almost went down that road and bought one. The thing is after awhile mess'n with his iPhone 3GS, it came to me, why all the "Pre" sites out there were heavily trolled at first on how terrible the Pre was compared to the iPhone, these guy's know they got taken. For real...after having my Pre and toying around with the iphone, I cant figure out how they think it's better. I'm not a iphone hater, and the Pre as far as a phone goes is no-way the best thing going, but the Pre+WebOs combined leaves them in the dust.
    First thing you should do is open the YouTube app and enter "New Divide" into the search box and click on the first video....be treated to like the best Linkin Park song ever, and be impressed by how clear YouTube stuff looks on the Pre!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    First thing you should do is open the YouTube app and enter "New Divide" into the search box and click on the first video....be treated to like the best Linkin Park song ever, and be impressed by how clear YouTube stuff looks on the Pre!
    Mine is coming soon (Online Order) But I CANT WAIT to try this!

Except I think that old Linkin Park was much better
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Congrats...One thing you want to do first ..hhok his phone to your car using AUX port,you would be pleasntly surprised how beautifuly it synergies with car speakers. Also, if you have issue regarding sprint pcs signal (which somehow is common case with palm pre),from dial app try ##evdo# and select evdo instead of default hybrid..it really improved signal strength at least in my case
    Quote Originally Posted by paumpre View Post
    sweet! i have the pre and love it! i hope you have the same experience.

My phone has one dead pixel and the slider has a slight wobble.... both are not even noticable unless you really try to see it.

have fun!

pandora!, fandango, and new york times to name a few apps i have and use... and like!. love in the case of pandora.

Also, the app "Where" is extremely useful! It's similar to x411 or TryDA, but much, much more versatile.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Great video and song, thanks for that. Watching movie trailers via Fandango is also a pleasant experience.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Welcome to the pre-side.
    What is the white box vs black box thing?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    What is the white box vs black box thing?
    Superstition
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    Superstition

so which is supposed to be better?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    lol... Welcome to the Pre-verts community!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    so which is supposed to be better?
    White box....actually, the box the Pre is in is white no matter what. It's the sleeve that surrounds it and what's on the screen of the Pre on the box that is different. The black sleeve has a Pre box with a flower on the screen.

The other sleeve is actually yellow and the Pre has a sunset on the screen.

Seems like all the newer Pres come in yellow...so since newer is always better, yellow is better.

Personally speaking my first Pre was the black box one, the second one is the yellow one...I still have the second one and I am happy with it.
    Personally speaking my first Pre was the black box one, the second one is the yellow one...I still have the second one and I am happy with it.
    Manny, so GLAD you replaced your Pre. Reading one of your tweets, I thought, "Oh no! Not HIM! He's waited so long." Was hoping you wouldn't give up. I'm lucky, my Pre-cious has been relatively problem free. I do think I have the loose battery syndrome, though. I stopped slamming my keyboard closed, and the "attacks" have lessened (basically eliminated).
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    +1 for "PreTarded"

+1 for Pitts (I was born there! )
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The iPhoners definitely are vocal lately. All I hear about is 50,000 apps. But the ones they show me are the Monkey peeing and the lighter. Seriously?

I use Where, Fandango, GoodFood, Sprint Nav, all the PIM apps, Google Reader, Pandora, Music, the camera, great Web browser, AccuWeather, LinkedIn, and so forth. For the time being, the WebOS apps are useful and functional enough for me. Sure, I would love some more fun, entertaining and useful apps, but those will come. I know the 50,000 apps argument is true, but it's not like the Pre is just a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by runagun View Post
    Pull ur battery cover off and see if that makes a difference. Just a test I did and as soon as I did that my signal bars jumped right up. The same too while on speaker phone.

Replying with my pre.
    Whoa! Mine went up a bar, too.
    Congrats and welcome to the family!
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Manny, so GLAD you replaced your Pre. Reading one of your tweets, I thought, "Oh no! Not HIM! He's waited so long." Was hoping you wouldn't give up. I'm lucky, my Pre-cious has been relatively problem free. I do think I have the loose battery syndrome, though. I stopped slamming my keyboard closed, and the "attacks" have lessened (basically eliminated).
    I must say, when I got my second Pre it felt really tight, but in the week I have been using it, it loosened up quite a bit to the point that it's about as loose as the first one I had. I hope it doesn't get much worse, I can live with it the way it is now. Sucks though, I am really careful in how I handle it and how I open and close the keyboard, and still it loosens up.

But, I suppose that's the most commonly heard complaint.... anyone that says their Pre feels solid as a rock, including the slider, is lying!
    I must say, when I got my second Pre it felt really tight, but in the week I have been using it, it loosened up quite a bit to the point that it's about as loose as the first one I had. I hope it doesn't get much worse, I can live with it the way it is now. Sucks though, I am really careful in how I handle it and how I open and close the keyboard, and still it loosens up.

But, I suppose that's the most commonly heard complaint.... anyone that says their Pre feels solid as a rock, including the slider, is lying!
    I just got my pre last night and I have to say that the ONLY thing I don't love about it is the slider. Mine has the teeniest bit of play whenever I take it off of the touchstone. Once it cools, it feels tighter. I sure hope it doesn't become an issue. Right now, I can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Whoa! Mine went up a bar, too.
    Wonder if it's worse with the TS back cover?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast