Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Like a dodo brain, I left my one and only charger at work. When 5 hits on a Friday I lose all focus.

And my ebay every-powercord-you-could-ever-need-for-the-pre package has yet to arrive.

Guess I gotta drop the full coin for a charger...ARRRGGGH!!

Presently at 80% battery....wonder if I could make it til Monday?
    Buy a microUSB cable and charge via USB, no need to buy a charger. You won't make it till Monday.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Find a place with a good return policy and take it back after the weekend. I did that with a trial phone that I got that didn't come with a working charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Like a dodo brain, I left my one and only charger at work. When 5 hits on a Friday I lose all focus.

And my ebay every-powercord-you-could-ever-need-for-the-pre package has yet to arrive.

Guess I gotta drop the full coin for a charger...ARRRGGGH!!

Presently at 80% battery....wonder if I could make it til Monday?
    What am I missing? Go back to the office and get it...
  5.    #5  
    Great suggestions folks! I was thinking of doing the latter, but the microUSB cord sounds like a good option as well.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    What am I missing? Go back to the office and get it...
    35 miles back to the office
    Reach down and touch the ground...I don't think it is cold enough for hell to freeze over...the battery will not last until monday. lol
    Actually, my bluetooth headset charges with the micro usb and it works with the pre also...hope this helps!...good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    Reach down and touch the ground...I don't think it is cold enough for hell to freeze over...the battery will not last until monday. lol
    sure it will.

Oh you mean you want to use it and not have it off? Yeah, he might want to find a micro usb cable and just plug it into a PC.
    Why is the charger at work? You leave the micro USB cable plugged into the PC at work. The charger should be at home. (in other words, once you get the cable, use your work PC as your charging transformer).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    35 miles back to the office
    the Pre isworth 35 miles, gas mileage and all
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    or buy a micro usb for the office, and the touchstone for home, 2 more suggestions
    Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest wall charger you can get.. Its only like $15 lol. And its always good to have a backup
    get centro battery from nearest sprint store
    Or just go to a Sprint store and use their demo charger long enough to get juice to last you till Monday .
    a pre charger is $30, you'll prolly need one anyway, go to the sprint store and buy one. : )
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The beauty of Palm is that it is not nearly as arrogant as Apple.
    Apple has a specific wire for everything.

Pre uses a microUSB cable, am I right?
    My phone died when i desperately needed it, and I just took and old wall charger, ripped it open, and taped the positive and negative leds to the phones charging connections. It worked perfectly however depending on what you use could be unsafe.

And this was with my Diamond a long time ago. D: Pre might not be worth blowing up. But if you know how to do it no harm done and a good method in a emergency like I had.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    microusb arent as ubiquitous as miniusb so a lot of people don't have a lof of them (myself included)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    The beauty of Palm is that it is not nearly as arrogant as Apple.
    Apple has a specific wire for everything.

Pre uses a microUSB cable, am I right?
    Apple has one cable for their ipod/iphone. How is that arrogant? What about all the proprietary chargers of cell phones past (and some current ones)? I'm not a fan of Apple (well, I like OS X and Apple design, just not how Apple conducts themselves), but that comment could be applied to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    microusb arent as ubiquitous as miniusb so a lot of people don't have a lof of them (myself included)
    True, but the likelihood of finding one isn't so bad.
    Apple has one cable for their ipod/iphone. How is that arrogant? What about all the proprietary chargers of cell phones past (and some current ones)? I'm not a fan of Apple (well, I like OS X and Apple design, just not how Apple conducts themselves), but that comment could be applied to anyone.
    Yeah, but they keep changing the wires and circuitry for what works. I had the 32GB video iPod. Got the new one and had to get new cables. My husband bought a nano, because he lost his 120GB iPod (3rd loss). None of our accessories work to charge his new nano.

His installed stereo system in his car (for iPod devices) doesn't work, the clock radio doesn't work, the car cigarette lighter adapter doesn't work, the belkin chargers won't work, and the Belkin Stereo won't work.

They work on all of the previous iPods including my son's nano and my old mini iPOD. Just like changing a chip for the video in the new iPods, Apple has now change a teeth or wire for how you charge the newer iPods.

Normally when the battery wears out in my iPod, I buy the newest version instead of pay $100 just to replace the battery. Now I'll just keep the nonworking ones on the power source and I won't even consider upgrading to their new stuff. It was bad enough with the video chip change, but when you get to how the device charges, I can't just replace the car stereo system or Boss Stereo.

Those install were specific for the iPod and no other device works on them. Now I can get sound, but wouldn't be able to keep my device charged. Apple has written off this longtime customer. I am not reinvesting in new accessories for convenience I've already paid for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast