Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I get a lot of finger smudge marks on my pre during the course of a day's use. What are you using to keep the phone clean and shiny?
    windex works fine...been using it for all my electronics, lcds, digi cams, laptops, etc etc
    Monster screen cleaner. I use it on all of my electronics,tv's and monitors.
    Do NOT use Windex. It has chemicals including ammonia which will cause permanent dull streaks on your plastic LCD screen. Just do a google search for "windex and LCDs" and start reading if you don't believe me. I had to learn the hard way a few years ago.

There may be a version of Windex specifically designed for use with LCDs but make sure you read the label carefully.

I use only a dry, soft microfiber cloth (the kind you can get for cleaning spectacles).
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I use a microfiber cloth dry. It works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    Do NOT use Windex. It has chemicals including ammonia which will cause permanent dull streaks on your plastic LCD screen. Just do a google search for "windex and LCDs" and start reading if you don't believe me. I had to learn the hard way a few years ago.

There may be a version of Windex specifically designed for use with LCDs but make sure you read the label carefully.

I use only a dry, soft microfiber cloth (the kind you can get for cleaning spectacles).
    ah- ok. but honestly, been using it for all my electronics for years...over 10, never had any issues.

(but then again, i upgrade electronics every 2-3 years or so..)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixproff View Post
    +1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I use lcd screen cleaner wipes. They make the pre look like new
    how about your shirt?
    +2

Same one I use for my glasses. And I can't let my Pre go more than an hour without a quick wipe.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Agreed!! The cloth is the best for the Pre and glasses!
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Agreed!! The cloth is the best for the Pre and glasses!
    +3
    I used the microfiber pouch that came with it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    i use my t-shirt when im out and about but otherwise i use the cloth that came with my apple laptop.
    iKlear - sold at the Apple Store
    +4
    nothing. i have a screen protector and a matte black back for the touchstone. i can just wipe it on my shirt. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    how about your shirt?
    If you don't have a screen protector, you'll get little microscratches after a while.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    +3
    +4

I use the same thing on my Lenovo x61 tablet touch screen. I'm happy to have it.
  20.    #20  
    Hey, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast