Quote Originally Posted by Shizelbs View Post
    Ditto
    me too
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    underwear (clean parts only!)

plus I use a screen protector ...
    Microfiber cloth purchased at Wal Mart.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Eye glass cleaner and micro fiber cloth. and I also use the self cleaning pouch
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixproff View Post
    I use a microfiber cloth dry. It works great.
    +1
    Scotch Brite 3M Microfiber cloth. Use it dry. 3 seconds later screen looks brand new. no joke! I got it here. Works so well got one for my wife's Pre and one for my brother-in-law too.
    Amazon.com: 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, Color May Vary, 1 Count: Grocery
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I've used RainX on all of my PDAs since my first Palm Pilot. It still gets some fingerprints, and for those, a microfiber cloth takes them off much easier. It also makes a big difference in sliding your fingers across the face for gestures.

Depending on several factors, your mileage may vary.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Dry microfiber club member here!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I've used RainX on all of my PDAs since my first Palm Pilot. It still gets some fingerprints, and for those, a microfiber cloth takes them off much easier. It also makes a big difference in sliding your fingers across the face for gestures.

Depending on several factors, your mileage may vary.
    rain-x? interesting - might have to try that (using my crappy old 700wx as a guinea pig...)
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I did a couple of light applications, then once a day for a few days. You will be amazed how much easier your finger slides and will appreciate how much easier finger prints wipe off.

It also worked well with my first gen iPhone.

I'm not sure how well a guinea pig device will work. Older devices weren't touch screen and the iPhone didn't show fingerprints as bad as the Pre. I don't know if the Pre is worse because of the curve or has a different type of glass. Actually, it feels like plastic, so there might be a better product than RainX.
    just spoke to Bear Ghrylls. He says urine works great as to sterilize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    windex works fine...been using it for all my electronics, lcds, digi cams, laptops, etc etc
    Windex or any product with amonia will slowly dissolve the plastic. Using it will cause the screen to get crappy.

Really the best thing to use is a microfiber cloth. If there's something on the Pre that won't come off with just microfiber then just a slightly damp papertowel.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Microfiber Cloth. The same KlearScreen cloth that came with my DLP. Always avoid ammonia.
    The phone pouch included in the box is a handy case that doubles as a fingerprint lifter!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I use the pant leg of my jeans. You people are nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    Pants

srsly whats the fun in owning a phone and worrying about it all the time.
    So you guys paid 200 bucks for a first generation device with reports all over about scratched screens and broken sliders and you're just using your pants to clean it? Clearly we're the ones who are nuts.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I like to keep my pre germ free so i use alcohol prep swabs. I have a bunch of em that i took from the hospital. Doesn't leave any residue and I have a Zagg on it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Rubbing Alcohol...
    Sandpaper
    I use the cloth that came with my EEE PC; sunglasses cloth also works well.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    +1

dry microfiber
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.