Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i've given up trying to clean it.
    I use the pant leg of my jeans. You people are nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I use the pant leg of my jeans. You people are nuts.
    You won't think we're nuts in a few months when your Pre screen is permanently dulled. Cotton cloth feels soft but is actually somewhat coarse and will scratch your LCD over time. Ask anyone who wears glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixproff View Post
    I use a microfiber cloth dry. It works great.
    Same here and it works wonders
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Pants

srsly whats the fun in owning a phone and worrying about it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    You won't think we're nuts in a few months when your Pre screen is permanently dulled. Cotton cloth feels soft but is actually somewhat coarse and will scratch your LCD over time. Ask anyone who wears glasses.
    Hell, I've been using a sock (and not even a clean one, just usually yank it off my foot) on my Studio display for like 5 years now.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had an cleaner that came with a pouch, a wiping utinsil, and obviously the spray, left it in my car, and my car was stolen, so I have to buy some more, it worked great, I think it was called iKlenz or iklean or something familiar
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Shamwow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    I get a lot of finger smudge marks on my pre during the course of a day's use. What are you using to keep the phone clean and shiny?
    I have just been putting it in the dishwasher......don't worry I'm not dumb, I turn off the drying cycle.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/26/2009 at 11:34 PM.
    hmmmm...I think its time to microfiber my fingertips..
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I have just been putting it in the dishwasher......don't worry I'm not dumb, I turn off the drying cycle.
    LMAO!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I like to attach mine to the Yakama roof rack on my car and go through the car wash. It comes out sparkly clean, just like new! Well... after I trade to for a working one at the Sprint store next to the car wash....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    When microfiber isn't enough, use OxyClean. Don't believe me? Take two Pre's and pour coffee, wine, and cola all over them. Tell me which one does the job better.

Edit: Also notebook screen cleaner works great too. You can buy a pack of 50 at any office supply store real cheap. It especially works real well on the mirror surface of the Pre if you feel like taking tons of pictures of yourself. It removes all smudges and since the only ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, it won't have any effect on the internal circuitry when you slide the mirror and keyboard back into the Pre.
    Last edited by bp6088; 06/27/2009 at 01:32 AM.
    I use a microfiber cloth only. Thinking of making a fingertip "glove" out of my microfiber cloth!
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    If you don't have a screen protector, you'll get little microscratches after a while.
    I don't have mine yet but I'll be honest. I just don't care in the slightest. i mean not to be a smart *** but i don't care much about real scratches let alone microscratches. I got them on my ipod and on my current very old phone and i don't notice them. It still works fine. No offense to those of you that obsess over things like fingerprints but for me i just don't care. I'm not going to resell the thing. i'm not putting it in a protective case or using a screen protector. i'm not going to stare at it. For me it not that big a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    Pants

srsly whats the fun in owning a phone and worrying about it all the time.
    gotta agree. May i suggest my other technique. i lick the face of my current phone and wipe it on my shirt.

But i've also dropped the thing in the toilet. luckily i hadn't started yet. Word of advice: if you're really drunk and have your phone in your hand put it down before you try and "whip it out" as phones have a tendancy to snag on your fly squirt out of your and shoot into the toilet.

Damn thing still works too.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Brake cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by paumpre View Post
    i use my t-shirt when im out and about but otherwise i use the cloth that came with my apple laptop.
    I use the cloth that came with my HP Mini, works like a champ.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i have a phantom skinz which could be cleaned with anything since it wont really scratch it...but i still do hit it with the microfiber once in a while just to admire the shine
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I used the microfiber pouch that came with it.
    Ditto
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast