Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    are you twisting/wiggling the slider yourself or does it happen while you are typing or something? mine has a slight wiggle that i didnt even know till i tried to move it around, but i dont see a reason to exchange it if its what im experiencing with mine.
    I would exange it, 10 times if I had to.... I do not settle for busted parts when i spend hundreds. Not to mention, you want to show it off to people, it being busted, makes it harder.
    I had my pre 2 days now and im noticing that it blacks out sometims and i cant illuminate the screen 2 stop it from doing nonsense like dialing random numbers. Am I the only 1 going thru this crap? and does anyone know if its possible 2 prepend numbers from contacts? number is private and need 2 add *82 sometimes
    If you guys notice even the smallest problem, get it replaced. There is no reason to have to put up with hardware defects. Palm made a bad decision to go with their current Pre manufacturer and didn't ensure strict quality controls.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I have a bubble, it isn't really bothering me that much but i may end up getting a new one. now if another issue pops up...it's def going back quicker
    After a 4th Pre, i returned it altogether. I do find myself missing the Pre. But needed to step back because of the frustration. Might try my luck again at Best Buy later for an instant rebate and renewed 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    After a 4th Pre, i returned it altogether. I do find myself missing the Pre. But needed to step back because of the frustration. Might try my luck again at Best Buy later for an instant rebate and renewed 30 days.
    This is the best way to go i think, for people having 3 bad pre's, i really makes no sense to keep going, only to find a 4th bad one, etc.
    I would probably do one exchange... two the most. But after that I like the idea another poster gave of just stepping away from the phone and coming back in 2-3 months and try it again if you are able.

In two or three months time I would imagine the hardware issues would be tweaked. I mean, why keep on exchanging for the same batch... 2-3 months gives them time to recognize the issue and push the changes through.

I believe the Storm had a high return rate in the beginning and after a few months that had changed dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    This is the best way to go i think, for people having 3 bad pre's, i really makes no sense to keep going, only to find a 4th bad one, etc.
  9.    #29  
    A little Update. I called Sprint today and talked with Account Services, the lady was very nice. But for now AS can't do anything with the Pre. She did call the store where I got the phone, and I am going to the store on Tuesday for the head tech to look at the phone. He was in direct contact with the Rep from AS. I am not in an arguing mood. I have been treated well at that store in the past. The Rep did explain to the Manager and the Tech that it must be exchanged at the store, not through Sprint direct. She told them there is no limit to how many can be exchanged, if indeed there is a defect with the phone. So the Tech will look at the phone and then we will go from there.

Remember, I am more worried about the wobbly slider than I am with the 2 dead pixels(even though I really don't want any dead pixels). If he says the phone is fine, than I will ask him or the Manager to note this on the account, in case it gets worse down the line and needs to be replaced. I don't want to pay 100 dollars down the line.

I'll let you know what happens on Tuesday. I couldn't do it Monday because I won't be around all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    So the only stories you feel people should be posting are only the happy ones where palm pre rocks and kicks apple butts and bb butts and android butts and ony the ones that say theirs opens and closes with no problems and their signal is great and people come up running saying oooo, is that the new pre thats revolutionizing the smartphone world and how just holding the pre gets them dates? geez.

people have story to tell and sorry it doesnt fit your personal preferences. obviously it interests others for people to post and worth discussing... he paid good money for his pre... he toughed it out and went through a lot of exchanges in hopes of satisfaction. He deserves his moment to post. Don't like the post? Move on to the next. STFU dude.
    Way to go, brotha!
    Sprint told me the keyboard was the reason for the cracked screens and it was a defect. I can't believe they are covering up the issue because it will hurt them in the long run. They did agree to totally reimburse me for the phone and apologized but the damage has been done and by what I read they are still in denial of a defect.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I wouldn't stop returning until you were happy. And most state laws require the exchange to re-start the clock on the 30-day time period.
    Ehh... I'm skeptical about this statement. Would need to see some black and white.

You are right though that a person should not settle for a bad unit. I'm on my third as of yesterday and if this one shows problems it is going home, downgrade and wait for TP2 is the plan.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyFL View Post
    Sprint told me the keyboard was the reason for the cracked screens and it was a defect.
    Hmm... did they tell you anything more about it? How the keyboard causes the screen to crack? I'm curious about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    Hmm... did they tell you anything more about it? How the keyboard causes the screen to crack? I'm curious about that.
    Could explain a lot of things if the fit is too tight and causing undue pressure... cause the slider to be loose, pressure to cause failing pixels and the blotches are the pressure points that are noticeable when the screen gets hot.

Just guessing but possible... Cool if it is because they'll make the changes in future batches soon if not already.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I'd say hold on to the one you have for a few months. You've got a year under the manufacturer's warranty so why not wait until they tighten up their quality control a bit.
    id say stick with this 4th one I have a dead pixel and a little play in the slider as well but im not going through the hassle of getting a replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    Don't give up. You'd had a run of bad luck - that is all. You shouldn't have to suffer manufacturing defects for how much the Pre costs. I say give it one more go and make sure you have the insurance plan through Sprint for obvious reasons.
    LOL! "a run of bad luck"??? SOunds like u are attempting to put lipstick on a pig. The Pre's QC sucks big time and there's no getting around it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I went through a total of 4 exchanges myself

1st had bad screen light bleed and the oreo twist.
    2nd was a rec model that techs tightened so much every time I slid open the phone it was rubbing on the keyboard
    3rd was brand new but had really bad gap and extreme case of oreo twist and 6 dead pixels
    4th one is solid. Don't if its just a placebo but it feels sturdier in construction. No dead pixels and no twist or problem with the slider. There is a slight wiggle but only if I really try to make it do so.

If you do go exchange it. Ask them if you can inspect the new one before they activate it. If its bad ask them to get another before they do the exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgweun View Post
    I went through a total of 4 exchanges myself

1st had bad screen light bleed and the oreo twist.
    2nd was a rec model that techs tightened so much every time I slid open the phone it was rubbing on the keyboard
    3rd was brand new but had really bad gap and extreme case of oreo twist and 6 dead pixels
    4th one is solid. Don't if its just a placebo but it feels sturdier in construction. No dead pixels and no twist or problem with the slider. There is a slight wiggle but only if I really try to make it do so.

If you do go exchange it. Ask them if you can inspect the new one before they activate it. If its bad ask them to get another before they do the exchange.
    You guys have an incredible amount of patience, is all I can say.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    So the only stories you feel people should be posting are only the happy ones where palm pre rocks and kicks apple butts and bb butts and android butts and ony the ones that say theirs opens and closes with no problems and their signal is great and people come up running saying oooo, is that the new pre thats revolutionizing the smartphone world and how just holding the pre gets them dates? geez.

people have story to tell and sorry it doesnt fit your personal preferences. obviously it interests others for people to post and worth discussing... he paid good money for his pre... he toughed it out and went through a lot of exchanges in hopes of satisfaction. He deserves his moment to post. Don't like the post? Move on to the next. STFU dude.
    You are right, everyone deserves to post, can we just post to the existing threads that are there? I am finding it harder to get at useful threads when everyone posts a new thread describing their Pre issues. I don't care to read happy (it rocks) or sad (it sucks) and can skip over. I just want to read posts where I can learn more about the Pre and what it is capable of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast