1.    #1  
    There are a number of great tips on the threads for helping the battery life. Would be great to have a sticky to list them all (if not here perhaps in the hardware forum?)

Some obvious but some not:

-Turning off wifi and bluetooth when not in use
    -Turning ON wifi whenever its available
    -lowering brighness (sounds obvious but not everybody knew it)
    -changing getting mail from as they come in to ever 15 min or more
    -changing EVDO settings to 1Rx
    -Turning off notifications but leaving on sound
    -Going to airplane mode when not able to take calls or answer emails anyway

Sure im missing others but will add to it if people want.
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/26/2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    WTF I do none of those and still have at least 40% battery life after use from 7am to 10pm.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Most of those contradict what I do and I get good battery life.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Most of those contradict what I do and I get good battery life.
    same here,

I leave wi-fi on
    never switch to 1Rx
    leave on notifications
    never changed the brightness from the original

and I think the mail thing is a personal setting, I have found "as items arrive" is more efficient for me than the every 15 minutes.

I think going to airplane mode might be good for the people that can't hold a signal in certain parts, cause I have seen with every CDMA phone, if you can't get a signal, it drains your battery quick.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    -Turning off wifi and bluetooth when not in use
    WORKS-SEEN DIFFERENCE

-Turning ON wifi whenever you can
    WORKS-SEEN DIFFERENCEWORKS

-lowering brighness (sounds obvious but not everybody knew it)
    WORKS-SEEN DIFFERENCE

-changing getting mail from as they come in to ever 15 min or more
    HAVEN'T CHECK

-changing EVDO settings to 1Rx
    MADE NO DIFFERENCE TO ME, BUT THE PRE DID RUN SLOOOWER.

-Turning off notifications but leaving on sound
    HAVEN'T CHECK
    NERVER WOULD DO THIS, RATHER GET ANOTHER PHONE.
    I still think most of the battery issues are due to signal strength. On work days my battery drains faster because our office has really poor Sprint coverage and flips back and forth between roaming and Sprint (it did the same with my 700p.)
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post

NERVER WOULD DO THIS, RATHER GET ANOTHER PHONE.
    I would consider doing this if I traveled the subway. Another time is when you are on a river, lake, or out in the ocean where you might not get service, but you want to keep your phone on.
    THIS REALLY HELPED ME GET MORE BATTERY LIFE:
    TURN OFF USE GPS
    Went from 6-8hrs batt life to 16-24+ hrs. and thats all i did.

Remeber to Turn GPS back on for Navi or google maps. Apps like city search still will work with gps off.
    Last edited by alasvegas; 06/27/2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Additional info
    i think is all depends on what crappy battery you have -

i've had a pre since launch day, never had any troubles in the battery department. i could use my phone all day and would have like 30% still by 9pm. i had to get a new pre due to the fact that my power button broke. when the tech guy switched out my phone, he gave me a "new" battery and said that i would have better battery life (even though i never had a problem in the first place.)

i now wish i would have stopped him and told him to just put my old battery in the new phone cause i have had 2 crappy batteries since and i have to go BACK to the store AGAIN!! i lose all battery life and the the phone shuts down by 3pm, with the phone just sitting there on my desk, not being used. it has nothing to do with service, options i have turned on, apps that are running... or any of that. these were never a problem before so why am i having such bad luck now? i hate it!! makes me want to throw the thing out the window.

the sales guy said it had something to do with the origin of the battery.....Mexico vs. Japan vs. Korea. Who knows - i just want my original battery back or at least one that holds a charge or i am going to get a blackberry!

grrrrrrrrrr
    Turning off gps does nothing because its not used till a program needs to use it. The only thing it does is it causes me to not get accurate locks and causes sprint nav not to lock onto gps, causing me to have to reset the phone. I leave auto locate and gps on and still have decent battery power. I use the heck out of my phone.
    FYI...

1. You need to PM the mods to get them to Sticky a thread.
    2. There is already a sticky thread for this in the "Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources" sub-forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I still think most of the battery issues are due to signal strength. On work days my battery drains faster because our office has really poor Sprint coverage and flips back and forth between roaming and Sprint (it did the same with my 700p.)
    I believe that you are right.
    I have the wurst battery life coupled with the wurst signal most of the time.
    But I can't seem to find the options to turn my signal to "Roam Only".
    Can anyone help?