Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So a big annoyance i've found with my pre is that even when on a phone call notifications play through. So i'll be chatting away and then have a very loud bell or buzz in my ear due to a txt msg or calendar reminder. Even my ***** savant of a phone helio ocean was able to hold notification rings till the end of a call and then play them. Is there a way to enable this on the pre or is that something that needs to be added to the fix it list?
    Fix list
    what even worse is that people on the other end can hear them too...when I'm talking to my girl she heard when I got a text and immediately got the "who is that"?
    I was on a WebEx conference this morning when an unmistakable (and very loud) "DingDING!" came over the speakerphone. My coworker (who also has a Pre) and I looked at each other and laughed. When the sales engineer on the other end of the line finished his spiel, we asked how he liked his Pre. He laughed and said he loved it except for not being able to turn the notifications off when he was on a call.

Three Pre users out of four conference participants. We're taking over... :-)
    What if you turn the hardware ringer switch off? On the Palm Centro, alarms go off during phone calls, but it's not so annoying when they only vibrate.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    I have also found that phone does this over bluetooth as well. I was on the phone using my headset and a calendar event popped up and startled me a bit.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proam500 View Post
    what even worse is that people on the other end can hear them too...when i'm talking to my girl she heard when i got a text and immediately got the "who is that"?
    lmfao dude i feel your pain man that happened with me aswell lol they seriously need to fix that!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    You can choose to turn notifications sound off or set the volume low in sounds and ringtones.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    You can choose to turn notifications sound off or set the volume low in sounds and ringtones.
    Ya but i'm not gonna do that everytime i make a call dude. And i want them loud and on the rest of the time. Just not when i'm holding it up to my ear!
    Does the other side of the call really hear them? I assumed no, but I have not asked. Yikes! That $ucks if they can.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    you can just change the ringer switch to vibrate while on the call
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Does the other side of the call really hear them? I assumed no, but I have not asked. Yikes! That $ucks if they can.
    yes they def. can! Trust me...lol...and you should'nt have to switch to vibrate while on a call. Every phone I've ever had, and I've had a bunch of them through the years, never had this issue...Its not a major issue, but still annoying and should be corrected none the less..
    You know, I subconsciously thought about this, but it is a very real issue, one that bugged me today, when I was on with a client. I was talking about something, and *DING DING* *DING DING* spewed out of the phone. I lost my train of thought, at that point.

It's worse when you are on wifi, and on a call because of how connected this thing is. Always waiting.. watching.. communicating.. It's very excited to tell you about things, and it's even more fun for it when it's got a wifi link while I'm using the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ProAm500 View Post
    what even worse is that people on the other end can hear them too...when I'm talking to my girl she heard when I got a text and immediately got the "who is that"?
    Just say it was an spam e-mail
    Quote Originally Posted by ProAm500 View Post
    hahaa, same here.. too funny
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I actually like the alerts while on a call. it is a bit loud, but not so much that it hurts my ear.

I asked today, while i was on a call, if the other person heard the dings, and they did not.

it's coming through the earpiece, and not the speaker on the back, so the other person really shouldn't be able to hear it.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I actually like the alerts while on a call. it is a bit loud, but not so much that it hurts my ear.

I asked today, while i was on a call, if the other person heard the dings, and they did not.

it's coming through the earpiece, and not the speaker on the back, so the other person really shouldn't be able to hear it.
    oh trust me they can hear them!! i have had three people ask what that sound was and one person who new what it was and asked who is that texting you!! so oh yeah! they hear it....
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post

Come on, there is no way that would fly with my chick...lol
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Funny thing is alerts come through bluetooth headset but ringers don't. Should be the other way around no?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I don't understand why you would do that. This happened to me and my girlfriend said, "what was that?" I said, "not sure. Probably a booty text." My girl likes to be kept on her toes rather than getting the same boring, predictable, non-threatening behavior.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast