Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Sprint Corporate store *finally* has my Pre!!! Have an appointment to get it this evening. I've never gotten excited about a new phone before, but I can't wait to get this one. I totally anticipate loving this device
    Congrats, I'm still on my original Pre and it's a GREAT device! :0

Enjoy it!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    While I love my Pre, the first couple of excitement is the best, after a week however you will find that waiting for updates/apps is tough. This is my first time with a v1.0 phone so I guess I am learning how to cope with lack of apps etc. I still love the phone though and absolutely LOVE the browser.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    While I love my Pre, the first couple of excitement is the best, after a week however you will find that waiting for updates/apps is tough. This is my first time with a v1.0 phone so I guess I am learning how to cope with lack of apps etc. I still love the phone though and absolutely LOVE the browser.
    I don't mind waiting, if the device is a good one. And I think the number of apps will increase before too long. I have to tell ya, that last week, I saw the most pathetic thing I have encountered in a while. My 22 year old nephew was trying like heck to convince me that I should get an iPhone. He was showing his off, talking about how "nothing can beat iPhone," blah, blah, blah. Then, my 6 ft 3 inch tall bull moose of a nephew drove his point home by demonstrating an app that allows him to blow into his speaker and simulate the sounds of a kazoo. A KAZOO

Yep. That convinced me all right.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    My 22 year old nephew was trying like heck to convince me that I should get an iPhone. He was showing his off, talking about how "nothing can beat iPhone," blah, blah, blah. Then, my 6 ft 3 inch tall bull moose of a nephew drove his point home by demonstrating an app that allows him to blow into his speaker and simulate the sounds of a kazoo. A KAZOO

LOL! That would make a great commercial!
    Quote Originally Posted by MariMar View Post
    LOL! That would make a great commercial!
    I don't mind waiting, if the device is a good one. And I think the number of apps will increase before too long. I have to tell ya, that last week, I saw the most pathetic thing I have encountered in a while. My 22 year old nephew was trying like heck to convince me that I should get an iPhone. He was showing his off, talking about how "nothing can beat iPhone," blah, blah, blah. Then, my 6 ft 3 inch tall bull moose of a nephew drove his point home by demonstrating an app that allows him to blow into his speaker and simulate the sounds of a kazoo. A KAZOO

That's awesome!

What did the app cost? You can buy a plastic kazoo for $0.25. FAIL.
    Don't be too excited because it will not last long. There is a big list of problems with it.
    Right now 50% of it is agrevation, 50% fun
    Wow a kazoo. I was an ***** to buy a Pre now.....my life is over.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Trust me, even if it was FREE that particular app is far too expensive
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You can also make a kazoo out of a comb and a piece of wax paper.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I love my pre- had it for over a week now so definitely the 'newness' has worn off and I still love it. It is just very well done. Certainly SOME people have reported quirks/initial build issues, but mine has been flawless. I've used a pocket pc for over 2 years now and while I technically maybe had the capability to do things, it just never worked well. Just today my wife called me about some medical question while she was at the hospital (she's a therapist, I'm a MD). I found a good summary of the answer in a website, forwarded that website to her (from the web browser) and got her the info she needed in only a few clicks. Then I was bathing my little girl- took a pic of her with foam on her tummy and emailed it to 5 family members in the course of 30 seconds. Just very seemless integration- blurs the distinction between the web, text messaging, email etc into one smooth process. I still love it! Enjoy!
  13.    #13  
    Got it! Mine's a 'white box' pre. The build seems solid, but I haven't messed with it yet. Got the touchstone and it's charging right now. Okay, off to toy with it
    Just got mine today 2 and i love it. This is my first smartphone so im still getting the hang of it but its bad azzzzz
    I just picked up mine and my wife also got hers. She is replacing a Windows Mobile. I've always used Palm OS. I never thought I would get her to a Palm Phone.

20 minutes ago, she just said, "This is the coolest phone I have ever used." I think she is happy. Of course, the second thing she said was "this sudoku app really sucks."
    Awesome, congrats to you all 3. : ).
    Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I picked up a phone in Dallas and it had a Black Sleave, and picked up a phone in NY and it had a yellow sleave as packaging. Are there any differences? Build quality ect..?
    *sigh* I'm still on the waiting list. Starting on the third week now.
  20.    #20  
    Okay, I've been playing with this device non-stop since I got it and it's doing okay on battery life, Palm just sent me the 1.03 update. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the email from my university to propagate to the phone. Keeps telling me my user name and password are incorrect -- NOT.

Anyway, loving this baby so far. And, I should mention that while I was in the Sprint store no fewer than three people came in asking for the Pre. Of course, they're still out of stock. I wound up telling some poor schmoe who's been on the waiting list for over a week that telesales have opened up.

He positively beamed when I told him that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast