1.    #1  
    At my work we have a Wifi that every computer I've tried works. When trying to connect you just enter a simple key phrase and it connects.

On the Pre, when trying to connect, it asks for a username and password. Entering the keyphrase in both username and password does not work.

Our IT department is stumped and they made fun of the Pre for this. Why is the Pre wanting a username/password when it should just be asking for a passphrase key?
    It's working for me, just asks for the passphrase.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    When I first used it at home on my Apple network, I had to change my routers from WPA to WPA personal. Or was it WPA/WPA-personal to WPA-personal?

Oh, I just read your post closer. I never got asked for a username, just network name and passphrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    When I first used it at home on my Apple network, I had to change my routers from WPA to WPA personal. Or was it WPA/WPA-personal to WPA-personal?

Oh, I just read your post closer. I never got asked for a username, just network name and passphrase.
    Same here.
    No problems here
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Mine works beautifully. I have two WiFi nets I connect to all the time, which are hidden and WPA, and the Pre connects every time without fail.
  7.    #7  
    I have connected to probably 30 wifi spots (in europe) with no problem. I get back to work and it is the first wifi spot that asks for a username and password when it should be asking for a passphrase.

I guess I'm alone in this problem.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Connected to a WPA wifi network at one of my sattelite offices yesterday. Simple and quick. No username required. The auto-connect to known networks has been so transparent that I rarely even disable wifi anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have connected to probably 30 wifi spots (in europe) with no problem. I get back to work and it is the first wifi spot that asks for a username and password when it should be asking for a passphrase.

I guess I'm alone in this problem.
    Now that I think about it, your IT guys should be laughing at themselves if they're stumped. When I first got my Pre I asked one of our IT guys about getting connected to WIFI at the office and was told the only way to connect, because of the way they had the system set up, was to do it through a browser using my user name and password.