1.    #1  
    ok i get a lot of texts and ims throughout the day.
    if i get more then 1 text/im from different users how does the display look?

it seems to me its the text bubble with eiither the first or last im and the number count in the upper left. then when you click on it, it brings you to conversation for that person.. but i forget that there could 1 from someone else behind it.

does it do anything special to let you know that there are 2 diff users im'ing you?
    See Beanis' comments below regarding bubbles
    Last edited by Dracostian; 06/26/2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Information was incorrect
    The notification bubble at the bottom will just show up when you have any IM's waiting. When tapped, it will expand to show an alert for each separate conversation, which can then be tapped to go to.

Or, inside the messaging app it shows each conversation listed with a number showing how many unread messages from either text or gtalk are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The notification bubble at the bottom will just show up when you have any IM's waiting. When tapped, it will expand to show an alert for each separate conversation, which can then be tapped to go to.

Or, inside the messaging app it shows each conversation listed with a number showing how many unread messages from either text or gtalk are there.
    Is this only for IMs? On text messages, if I tap on it it takes me directly to the last message I received.
  5.    #5  

so you are saying if i have im's from 2 people it shows as 1 alert, then when tapped the first time it expands to all my ims singly? then i can tap which one to go to? i have no seen this behaivor, i will keep an eye out.

and to the first reply, yea thats what i have been doing and its annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracostian View Post
    Is this only for IMs? On text messages, if I tap on it it takes me directly to the last message I received.
    I can't remember. You may be right. Actually, like email, the notification has 2 different parts. On the left is a smaller circular icon. The right is the truncated message. If you tap the circular icon it goes to your messaging list. If you tap the truncated last message it goes directly to the last message.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    so you are saying if i have im's from 2 people it shows as 1 alert, then when tapped the first time it expands to all my ims singly? then i can tap which one to go to? i have no seen this behaivor, i will keep an eye out.

and to the first reply, yea thats what i have been doing and its annoying.
    No I think I'm wrong.

You tap the tiny icon and it expands to show the last message recieved, but also to the left of that a circle that is a shortcut to the message list itself if you tap it. Email works the same way.
  8.    #8  
    I can't remember. You may be right. Actually, like email, the notification has 2 different parts. On the left is a smaller circular icon. The right is the truncated message. If you tap the circular icon it goes to your messaging list. If you tap the truncated last message it goes directly to the last message.
    hmmm this might be a good help... i never tapped the bubble with the # on it.
    ::waits patiently for multiple texts from 2 diff people::
  9.    #9  
    No I think I'm wrong.

You tap the tiny icon and it expands to show the last message recieved, but also to the left of that a circle that is a shortcut to the message list itself if you tap it. Email works the same way.
    ahhh so your initial though of showing an alert for both unique ims does not exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    ahhh so your initial though of showing an alert for both unique ims does not exist?
    Right. I'm trying to test it now.
  11.    #11  
    ok i just did.. here is how it works. which is helpful.
    on the alerts where you have the bubble with a number or email with a number then a truncated message
    you click the bubble/email: it brings you to your inbox of messages or emails (helpful didn't know that)
    you click the email or message: it brings you to that exact message or email.

end of story.