1.    #1  
    I have the Tasks App syncing to an Exchange server, but am running into an issue I haven't seen explicitly addressed here:

For tasks that are not completed, the Pre not only doesn't show the "Categories," but actually removes all Categories on the Exchange side as well.

Is there a way around this?

(Btw, if this was addressed previously, I apologize -- I went through about 15 threads in search trying to find the removal of categories on Exchange).
    How do you mean, "tasks that are not completed"? I do notice that my overdue tasks no longer have categories assigned to them in Outlook, but I'm not sure if they ever did. The rest of my tasks do have categories.

Hmmm. If you mean overdue tasks, then this might be a nice little bug.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Interesting. I don't date any of my tasks because I use David Allen's Getting Things Done as my task system. None of my tasks have categories on the Pre, and any categories I formerly used in Outlook are now removed on my PC. I had assumed that the Pre didn't sync any categories for Tasks, but it sounds like it only keeps categories for dated tasks. That sounds like a bug to me.

Has anyone been able to sync more than one task list with Exchange? My Pre designated one list as the Exchange task list and put an Exchange icon on it, but I can't designate any additional task lists to sync with Exchange. It would be nice to be able to do that.

I do love how the Tasks app automatically syncs tasks in my Exchange list behind the scenes without my even knowing. That's much better than having to Hotsync when I add or edit tasks.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    It appears that when the Pre syncs tasks with exchange, it strips the categories. So when you edit or mark the task complete on the Pre and it updates exchange, Outlook will move it to the no category list. The Pre also strips the recurrence settings, so it will not update to the next recurring task. My workaround is to update exchange tasks only in Outlook and just use the Pre to view tasks. I have a separate task list for personal stuff that I update on the Pre. Lame but I have faith it will get resolved someday by Palm or 3rd party.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    It appears that when the Pre syncs tasks with exchange, it strips the categories. So when you edit or mark the task complete on the Pre and it updates exchange, Outlook will move it to the no category list. The Pre also strips the recurrence settings, so it will not update to the next recurring task. My workaround is to update exchange tasks only in Outlook and just use the Pre to view tasks. I have a separate task list for personal stuff that I update on the Pre. Lame but I have faith it will get resolved someday by Palm or 3rd party.
    For those who haven't experienced it, it's a bit more pernicious than it sounds above. I know OP probably knows this, but just thought I'd clarify. If you "edit or mark" a single task, it strips the categories off of ALL tasks that are not complete. Using Outlook 2007s rather nice tasking features, the Pre will essentially destroy the information regarding categories or recurrence for anything you have set up for the present or future that hasn't been marked as completed.
    Sigh.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011