Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i really miss the testosterone enriched calculator that my 755 had. i didn't realize how much i used the advanced functions at work until i didn't have them...

i'll get over it.
    Classic. It's a little expensive for just a calculator, but if you really want it you can have it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    need... subnet... calc....

thought i am fairly good in my head, i like to cheat if i can.
    so what do u guys usin ur calculators for?

on all my cellphones, all i needed was a basic calulator to add/subtract or mulitply numbers i cant do in my head
    I have to admit, I've used some financial functions every now and then. I wouldn't mind a better calculator.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Engineering.
    This'll be out soon. What a stunningly lame calculator on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    need... subnet... calc....

thought i am fairly good in my head, i like to cheat if i can.
    Yes this would be a nice one to have. There is a pretty good one that I use on my ipod touch from time to time. It really comes in handy.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    CNC Programming & instant volume/area/metric/anything conversions
    The coolest mode on the PalmOS calculator is the programmers mode. You can do binary/octal/hex calculations and bitwise shifts.
    Add wolfram alpha as your quick search, there is no calculation Wolfram can't do.
    Here you can see I added wolfram (which I use for subnet calculations etc.)

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    how did you get the yelp search?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Without rooting (necessary for the screenshot above), simply add Wolfram Alpha | mobile to your launcher and use it as a full featured calculator. Also, remember that clicking the space bar in the calculator app gives you added functionality...

Brett
    Last edited by Nrbelex; 06/26/2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
    how did you get the yelp search?
    Rooted the pre
    I would love to see an equivalent to PalmOS's Parens calculator on WebOS. It's been years since there's been any development on that software and yet I think it's still one of the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    i really miss the testosterone enriched calculator that my 755 had. i didn't realize how much i used the advanced functions at work until i didn't have them...

i'll get over it.

I really miss the old PalmOS HP-15c emulator. I cannot use a non-RPN calculator at this point. Fortunately, my actual 15c is still going strong after 25 years.

HP just (yesterday) announced a new 15c emulator for the iPhone...and it is 30 beans:

HP Releases IPhone Versions of Classic Calculators - PC World

They also have less expensive 12c version for finance types. Here's hoping that they give the Pre some love as well...or that guys like this fella decide to try and give it a whirl:

hpcalc-iphone - Google Code

At the very least, some scientific, trig, and higher level math operands would be nice.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I really miss the old PalmOS HP-15c emulator. I cannot use a non-RPN calculator at this point. Fortunately, my actual 15c is still going strong after 25 years.

HP just (yesterday) announced a new 15c emulator for the iPhone...and it is 30 beans:

HP Releases IPhone Versions of Classic Calculators - PC World

They also have less expensive 12c version for finance types. Here's hoping that they give the Pre some love as well...or that guys like this fella decide to try and give it a whirl:

hpcalc-iphone - Google Code

At the very least, some scientific, trig, and higher level math operands would be nice.
    Nothing can beat Power48 with 48GX ROM on PalmOS and it is free (given that you own a 48GX and can get its ROM).
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Without rooting (necessary for the screenshot above), simply add Wolfram Alpha | mobile to your launcher and use it as a full featured calculator. Also, remember that clicking the space bar in the calculator app gives you added functionality...

Brett
    Wait a sec, I'm not understanding, so I can do this w/o rooting? If so exactly how?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    Nothing can beat Power48 with 48GX ROM on PalmOS and it is free (given that you own a 48GX and can get its ROM).
    That is the beast. I said 15c, but that is what I really used. the native screen was small, but it zoomed. Startup and shutdown (i.e., switching apps) were a little slow, but that thing rocked otherwise.

That said, I would pay HP 30 beans for a 15c emulator for the Pre if they would give us some love.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Wait a sec, I'm not understanding, so I can do this w/o rooting? If so exactly how?
    - Open the Browser
    - Navigate to "http://www.wolframalpha.com/iphone/"
    - Click "web" on the top left
    - Click "Page"
    - Click "Add To Launcher"

You'll have an icon on the launcher that goes directly to the site. Enter any math problem, conversion question, or anything else WolframAlpha can do and you'll get the answer...!

Brett
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast