Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hey Palm,

How about - instead of spending millions of dollars on TV commercials, newspaper ads and huge bulletin boards, you spend all that money on FIXING THE PRE

That's right, all these little software problems that people in this forum have been complaining about, FIX THEM. And then - when you have the most stable, most amazing platform with the most options and customization on the market, The people would spread the word for you!
    quit wasting our time
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Hey Palm,

How about - instead of spending millions of dollars on TV commercials, newspaper ads and huge bulletin boards, you spend all that money on FIXING THE PRE

That's right, all these little software problems that people in this forum have been complaining about, FIX THEM. And then - when you have the most stable, most amazing platform with the most options and customization on the market, The people would spread the word for you!
    They will get to them when they can. For a 1.0 device it's pretty perfect to me. I don't have any of the issues on the site which I believe the majority of people don't. There are a couple of features that I would like to see but I understand that it's going to take some time. I don't believe the current issues are going to cause the majority of users to return the phone. They have already proven that they are constantly working on updates since the phone has only been out three weeks and they have already had 2 over the air updates.
    What a troll. If company's waited for their devices/software to be absolutely perfect you'd never have anything and all company's would go broke.

Every person has a different degree of tolerance for issues. Many of us are very happy with our Pre's. A few people will find any issue about it they can and scream all over every forum they can find.

So you would have Palm hold off on advertising until every person in this and other forums is satisfied 100%? Do you know how ridiculous that is?

If you aren't happy with the Pre, return it. And stay off these forums.
    Hey Palm,

Yeah, start hiring new programmers now so they can fix these problems tomorrow.... Oh wait, that won't work.

Never mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What a troll. If company's waited for their devices/software to be absolutely perfect you'd never have anything and all company's would go broke.

Every person has a different degree of tolerance for issues. Many of us are very happy with our Pre's. A few people will find any issue about it they can and scream all over every forum they can find.

So you would have Palm hold off on advertising until every person in this and other forums is satisfied 100%? Do you know how ridiculous that is?

+1
    Wow. Uh, ok. I'm sure Palm will get right on that!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

+1
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Palm,

Could you please be just a little more vague about the issues you are addressing? Just a little.
    Hey Palm, How about - instead of spending millions of dollars on TV commercials, newspaper ads and huge bulletin boards, you spend all that money on FIXING THE PRE
    Ya because all those SPRINT ads for the Pre are paid for by Palm.

...I have yet to see an ad for the Pre pinned to a bulletin board anywhere regardless of it size.
    Ive seen exactly one Pre commercial.
    Well, I'm still using my Centro. I plan to move to WebOS before too long, but for now my Centro works great. If you don't want the frustrations of a new OS and new hardware, get off the bleeding edge. There are plenty of alternatives out there that work fine. WebOS devices will probably be the cat's meow in 6 months to a year, when Palm works out the bugs and releases the SDK.
    The more units they sell, the more money they'll have to enhance the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    quit wasting our time
    roflmfao!!!!! :d
    Do you seriously think that Palm is NOT working as hard as they can to get this phone rock solid? .... $hit takes time "homie". If you can't look at an issue from another perspective... then no one can help you, return the phone as it's still less then 30 days.

Come back in Sept.
    Dude there have already been 2 updates in what, 3 weeks since release? If that isn't addressing the bugs then I don't know what is.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Where do these people come from?

Now we have Bart Simpson telling Palm how to run their business.

Its nice that we have lots of new people around here I just wish that more of them were older than 16 and did not start a new thread every time they feel the need to vent about something. LOL
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Where do these people come from?

Now we have Bart Simpson telling Palm how to run their business.

Its nice that we have lots of new people around here I just wish that more of them were older than 16 and did not start a new thread every time they feel the need to vent about something. LOL
    That's Homer not Bart.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Thunbs up to the last two.

Now on to the serious issue regarding the pre. Where is the construct new home and rebuild old car apps? And seriously, where is the feed the dog button? My old dumbphone had ALL THREE apps right out of the box!
    I would pay at least $10 for a "Rebuild Old Car" app......and it better bloody well sync with my banking application!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast