Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sometime between when launch day and now the volume buttons on the side of my Pre have stopped changing my ringer volume. Instead of seeing the speaker symbol I've got the musical tone symbol and the buttons move that slider up and down. Is there a setting somewhere I'm not seeing that will let me switch the side volume buttons back to ringer volume?
    did you install any of the homebrew ringtone applications?
    It will do this if there is any app running that has music playing. That can be the browser, Pandora, Music, Video, etc.
    I had that happen to me but I just restarted my phone and it fixed itself.

even with no apps open if i tried to adjust the volume with the buttons on the side it would just adjust the one for music and not have the bell icon, just reboot and see if it fixes it
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    this also happens if you have headphones plugged into the jack. regardless of which app you are in.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a2thejay23 View Post
    I had that happen to me but I just restarted my phone and it fixed itself.

even with no apps open if i tried to adjust the volume with the buttons on the side it would just adjust the one for music and not have the bell icon, just reboot and see if it fixes it
    Good call on the reboot. There weren't any applications running, so that's a bit confusing. That'd be pretty annoying if I had to restart everytime I was done using an app and wanted to control my ringer volume.
    This happened to me - couldn't hear the ringer - side buttons seemed not to adjust ringer.

I decided I needed a louder ringer - when I went into the sounds/ringer application, I found my ringer volume slider was pushed way down. Slid it back louder and things are fine. I had been playing with the music application earlier in the week.

So if you are finding the side button doesn't work, check the sounds application to see what the ringer volume is now set at.