Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #1  
    When I write e-mails on my Pre on the subway, I keep getting error messages saying the email could not be sent. DUH?!? OF COURSE it could not be set, I'm underground!!

    The Pre should know to wait until it has reception to try and send the e-mails, and THEN tell me if there's an error..

    You would think things like this would be obvious. Who beta tested this device??
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post

    You would think things like this would be obvious. Who beta tested this device??
    You apparantly. I agree though, that behaviour is pretty dumb.
  3. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #3  
    yeah, we're all beta testing it right now.

    What are we getting paid for it btw?
  4. #4  
    We're not getting paid anything. But you gotta relax, its a brand new phone and brand new OS. It takes time to work out the bugs and refine it. I don't mind the problems, I know they'll be fixed by either Palm or third party apps.

    If you hate the phone so much, return it. Simple as that.
  5. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #5  
    Enough with this snotty attitude already, I'm well aware of my option to return the phone, and I never said I hated it, but I DO NOT take for granted that Palm would fix it, hell, I had a Treo 755p for 2 years that had a MILLION bugs and missing features on it that they NEVER fixed (and are not going to).

    Sitting back and ASSUMING they're gonna fix EVERYTHING is naive, you have to act out, make your problems known, and then - if you're lucky - MAYBE they'll be resolved.

    MAYBE.

    Anyway, I'll wait a few months and post this question again, we'll see if palm fixes it or not (my guess is - NOT)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Enough with this snotty attitude already, I'm well aware of my option to return the phone, and I never said I hated it, but I DO NOT take for granted that Palm would fix it, hell, I had a Treo 755p for 2 years that had a MILLION bugs and missing features on it that they NEVER fixed (and are not going to).

    Sitting back and ASSUMING they're gonna fix EVERYTHING is naive, you have to act out, make your problems known, and then - if you're lucky - MAYBE they'll be resolved.

    MAYBE.

    Anyway, I'll wait a few months and post this question again, we'll see if palm fixes it or not (my guess is - NOT)
    YOE: I'm with you, bringing up the faults of this phone generates some pretty snarky feedback from the forum users. Without bringing up the issues, they'll never get resolved. I'd post feedback directly to Palm at:

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
  7. #7  
    Your right you never literally said you hated the phone in this thread (or on any of your other ones). However it's very clear that the Pre has you fired up pretty bad. I think most people would agree that you seem to, in fact, hate it. If your iteration of the 755p had a million bugs that were never resolved why did you purchase additional Palm products?

    You have every right to voice your opinions however you like but I think it's your lack of objectivity that is rubbing some people the wrong way.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Enough with this snotty attitude already, I'm well aware of my option to return the phone, and I never said I hated it, but I DO NOT take for granted that Palm would fix it, hell, I had a Treo 755p for 2 years that had a MILLION bugs and missing features on it that they NEVER fixed (and are not going to).

    Sitting back and ASSUMING they're gonna fix EVERYTHING is naive, you have to act out, make your problems known, and then - if you're lucky - MAYBE they'll be resolved.

    MAYBE.

    Anyway, I'll wait a few months and post this question again, we'll see if palm fixes it or not (my guess is - NOT)
  8. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #8  
    I think you should stop speaking for other people, just because you understand things a certain way, doesn't make it the correct one. If I didn't love this phone and have faith in Palm, I wouldn't come to this website to complain!! I would have just brought it back to the store and forgot about the whole thing.

    So why don't you stop rambling and complaining about other PEOPLE, and start talking about the PALM PRE, this is what this forum is for.
  9. #9  
    I agree with you this forum is about the Palm Pre. Expressing ideas and sharing information to make for a better ownership experience. That's why I think threads that start with "I hate this stupid phone," "Palm is dumb because they.......," or " E-mail could not be sent (DUH!?)" aren't really helping anything. They know what this phone does and doesn't do.

    By all means express your opinion but can't you make your observations constructive and polite? Do you really think Palm is going to pay any attention to what you have to say if it is written like the manic ramblings of a crazy man or riddled with insults?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I think you should stop speaking for other people, just because you understand things a certain way, doesn't make it the correct one. If I didn't love this phone and have faith in Palm, I wouldn't come to this website to complain!! I would have just brought it back to the store and forgot about the whole thing.

    So why don't you stop rambling and complaining about other PEOPLE, and start talking about the PALM PRE, this is what this forum is for.
  10. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #10  
    Dude, why dont you shut the hell up already, every thing you say is stupid completely untrue. I DIDNT start the post with "I hate this phone" and Palm DOES NOT "Know what this phone does or doesn't do" because if they did - THEY WOULDNT RELEASE IT WITH THIS BUG.
  11. #11  
    I'm sorry if my post came off as a little rude. Its just that your post come off as a little rough. You could definitely be wording things a bit better. I don't think Palm is going to fix every single little problem, but they are definitely going to be enhancing things. Just give it some time, the Pre and WebOS are still new products. Almost everything new that comes out has bugs and kinks to work out.
  12. #12  
    LMAO after reading your comments yoe.

    I'm married, so I'm not often right about anything, but I sure had you pegged from the get go if I do say so myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Dude, why dont you shut the hell up already, every thing you say is stupid completely untrue. I DIDNT start the post with "I hate this phone" and Palm DOES NOT "Know what this phone does or doesn't do" because if they did - THEY WOULDNT RELEASE IT WITH THIS BUG.
  13. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #13  
    you should talk to the forum admin to give you a medal
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    you should talk to the forum admin to give you a medal
    Tried...no dice
  15. #15  
    People who get angry very easily are fun sometimes, aren't they?
  16. tarhead's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #16  
    truth is, that message is for dumbphone conversions with no faith...

    the email will go when it can. if you hit the submit button while on the net (facebook for example) and going through a dead zone, you will get a no internet connection error as well. as soon as your phone picks up the net again - it will continue as though nothing happened...
  17. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #17  
    Not as much fun as people who assume you have an emotional state just by the way you type (?!)
  18. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    truth is, that message is for dumbphone conversions with no faith...

    the email will go when it can. if you hit the submit button while on the net (facebook for example) and going through a dead zone, you will get a no internet connection error as well. as soon as your phone picks up the net again - it will continue as though nothing happened...
    First of all - thanks for speaking to the point,

    Second, I know it will send the e-mail eventually, that's not what I care about, the annoying part is that the notification keeps popping up, and even if I put the phone down and turn it off, the screen will light up to tell me that there's an error. I turn it off - it lights up again.

    Quite annoying (and battery consuming)
  19. #19  
    Ok ok... I'm done here lol. I'm not going to get into an argument on the internet. Besides, this post has gotten just a bit off topic, don't you think? Good luck with your Pre and hopefully your problems get fixed.

    Your opinions are always welcome on the forum, just try to be more constructive.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Your opinions are always welcome on the forum, just try to be more constructive.
    That's all I was trying to say as well. Drop the crazy man act and have an adult level conversation.

    I would agree that continual notifications of the inability to send e-mail in no signal situations is unnecessary. Does the phone currently que them in the outbox for sending once a signal is found (I haven't been to an area without service yet).

Posting Permissions