Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #21  
    I'm really interested in it. However like others i'm still trying to figure out how it would benefit me and the best of using it. My cell phone number has been with me through several carriers and is easy to remember and well known by all of my friends.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    There are two problems for me with it:

    1) Your caller id shows up as your Sprint number, not the Google Voice. This can be corrected by using a dialer, but it just seems sloppy.

    2) Any texts you send from your phone show your Sprint number.

    If those were corrected somehow, I would use it religiously.
    The dialer I used with my WinMo phone worked perfectly. It was as easy to dial from the Google Voice dialer as it was from the regular phone dialer.

    As for SMS messages, once a person send you an SMS through your google voice number, Google Voice gives them a special phone number. When you reply to that special phone number, your google voice number shows, not your Sprint number. It works great - as long as you get an SMS first from that party so Google can assign the special number.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    The dialer I used with my WinMo phone worked perfectly. It was as easy to dial from the Google Voice dialer as it was from the regular phone dialer.

    As for SMS messages, once a person send you an SMS through your google voice number, Google Voice gives them a special phone number. When you reply to that special phone number, your google voice number shows, not your Sprint number. It works great - as long as you get an SMS first from that party so Google can assign the special number.
    Can any one Please!!! Tell me ! How would I set this up on my Pre? Where can I get instructions how to set it up? Or does any one have any other info on other software that can be install and give me a second line on the Pre!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    Can any one Please!!! Tell me ! How would I set this up on my Pre? Where can I get instructions how to set it up? Or does any one have any other info on other software that can be install and give me a second line on the Pre!
    Currently there is no WebOS compatible version of the Google Voice software. However, I am almost positive they are working one. Until then, you can use the mobile website: google.com/voice/m (sorry can't post links yet) or call your google voice number and initiate calls that way.


    Cheers!
  5. #25  
    Something to remember.. If a fellow Sprint caller calls your GV number there is no free mobile to mobile for either party.

    But.... Since I have unlimited calling why would I care???
  6. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #26  
    Anybody got an invite they can send over? Thanks in advance:

    jmsmirage at gmail dot com
  7. SirBC's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #27  
    Google Voice sounds intriguing.
    Last edited by SirBC; 07/02/2009 at 11:26 PM.
  8. #28  
    I signed up for the reservation list what seems like forever ago. Hope to get an invite soon. Really want to try this out.
  9. #29  
    Anyone who has a google voice invite I can give you a demonoid one for trade.

    chrissurra at gmail.com
  10. #30  
    I have had a number since the grandcentral days but never made the leap to give it as my main number...I do like the idea of using it as your 'home number' for companies....what prevented me from doing it in the past was the inability for g.c. to handle texts...google fixed that but still I haven't made a move to give everybody that number...

    Can be very useful in a hook up at a bar situation...they never know your real digits and if they turn crazy, you can block them
  11. cschang's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #31  
    Off topic....Pascal, good to see you here from the AVS forums.

    I have been watching for Google Voice for a while....I will definitely use it when available. Currently using VoIP in the home for the last few years and a fan of the power it offers. The virtual number will take it a step further and hope they allow porting soon after they open.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by PascalSijen View Post
    Currently there is no WebOS compatible version of the Google Voice software. However, I am almost positive they are working one. Until then, you can use the mobile website: google.com/voice/m (sorry can't post links yet) or call your google voice number and initiate calls that way.


    Cheers!
    Thank You ! All! for your info! I would try google.com/voice/m .
  13. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #33  
    Anyone that does not want there's please pm it to me please
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtissc View Post
    Off topic....Pascal, good to see you here from the AVS forums.
  15. #35  
    I've had mine since the grandcentral days, but didn't use it. I couldn't see have my cell ring and being charged for my other numbers. In addition, I loved youmail. Now that I can't use youmail w/o sprint charging extra for call forwarding, I'll be giving this number to people who aren't sprint customers.

    In addition, it's a great feature to switch phones when people are talking to you (you get a call, but you're not tied to the house, because you switch the call to your mobile phone seamlessly).
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    The dialer I used with my WinMo phone worked perfectly. It was as easy to dial from the Google Voice dialer as it was from the regular phone dialer.

    As for SMS messages, once a person send you an SMS through your google voice number, Google Voice gives them a special phone number. When you reply to that special phone number, your google voice number shows, not your Sprint number. It works great - as long as you get an SMS first from that party so Google can assign the special number.
    So could you assign that number to your contacts so they show up in SMS with their name?
  17. #37  
    Pretty sure that we don't get invites as Google Voice users but they're sending them out first come-first serve to people who were on the waiting list.

    I could be wrong, just don't see anything in my account.

    And I agree, for a long time SMS was holding me back, and now... well now I only have one phone anyway.

    I'd love to use Google Voice's voicemail though, but I'm not paying for the call forwarding, it's not that important to me.
  18. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    I wish Sprint would let us forward calls for free. Then I would definitely sign up for Google Voice

    What do you mean? If you forward a call from your cell phone, and it goes to a land line, you still get charged minutes??
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    What do you mean? If you forward a call from your cell phone, and it goes to a land line, you still get charged minutes??
    Worse. You get charged $0.20 per minute, regardless of plan.
  20. #40  
    Gvoice for the Pre is lacking so far.
    The mobile site does not have the functionality of the full website which the Pre can not display (gets forcibly routed to mobile site).

    Play message does not work. The wav file errors out.

    Other message features missing:
    email, download, embed

    On the positive side
    Visual Voicemail via sms / email or both plus you can read transcribed messages.
    Calling Google number allows
    1 listen messages
    2 place calls
    3 goog411

    You can update your contacts in Pre to dial via gvoice by prefixing the gvoice number plus "ttt" or "p" "2" "ttt" in front of the contact's number plus "#".

    I'm sure an app will be made to fix all the above.
    Last edited by Mannyman; 06/26/2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: more fuctionality
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions