1.    #1  
    Pre + ipod touch = best of both worlds.

of course you'll have to deal with the frustration of constantly trying to navigate your ipod like a Pre but you will get access to well developed Apple app store.

Just a thought
    The whole point of haveing a smartphone is to only carry 1 device
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Pre + ipod touch = best of both worlds.

of course you'll have to deal with the frustration of constantly trying to navigate your ipod like a Pre but you will get access to well developed Apple app store.

Just a thought
    I guess you could say i have it all since I have a pre and ipod touch, but i havent touched my touch since i got my pre, (not even to update its jailbreak to 3.0) pretty happy with my pre, it does everything I need it to.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    The whole point of haveing a smartphone is to only carry 1 device
    Not necessarily. I was just mentioning this since some people like the Pre but hate that it only has 8gigs and a small app store. I meant more as a silly joke. I use an ipod though because I don't ever see me combining my music with my phone. They both perform different functions for me and it is more convenient for me to keep those purposes separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Not necessarily. I was just mentioning this since some people like the Pre but hate that it only has 8gigs and a small app store. I meant more as a silly joke. I use an ipod though because I don't ever see me combining my music with my phone. They both perform different functions for me and it is more convenient for me to keep those purposes separate.
    Its supposd to be an all-in-one device..
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    this is my route.......and no one device is going to do it all with current battery tech.

Pre is a much better day-to-day phone device than Iphone and itouch is a better media/gaming device.
    I also never intended to use my Pre for music...I have an 80 gb iPod Classic that's about half full, there's no room on the Pre, plus the battery life on the iPod vs the Pre - there's just no competition.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I always carried two devices, a BlackBerry and an Ipod Touch, and loved having the best of both world.

But I'll say, since I got my pre ... I haven't found a single reason to use my Touch. And I love that thing, not an apple hater or anything, just never thought the iPhone worked for my mobile needs.
    i'll never need more that 4-5 gig of music at anyone time. I don't mind moving it around.
    The space issue for video is a little sad, but the biggest issue to media on the pre is battery life.
    I have a really dumb question. I've played with iPods before (though never the touch). Does the device do more than just music? I'm only wondering because to me I have about 7GB of space on my Pre for music and virtually unlimited via Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I have a really dumb question. I've played with iPods before (though never the touch). Does the device do more than just music? I'm only wondering because to me I have about 7GB of space on my Pre for music and virtually unlimited via Pandora.
    It also does video internet and all 50k aps in the app store.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Own iPod Touch/iPhone BEFORE buying Pre isn't crazy because you're transitioning.

Owning a Pre BEFORE buying iPod Touch sounds like you may be better off just getting an iPhone in the first place.

Anyway, the iPod Touch is a decent device but I'd recommend waiting for the next model. It will probably have a speaker, camera and even video.