1.    #1  
    Has any one else experienced this issue on the Pre. It is where you take a phone call from someone and they can't here you on the other side, like its on mute. Another symptom of it is that you cant here your own voice in ear piece. I used to have this is with the iPhone when I would pull the headphones out while on a phone call. For the iPhone I had to reboot the whole thing. Seems on the Pre I have to call a number, put it on speaker, hang up and call the other person back. Really irritating.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Nope. I haven't had that problem. Can you hear them?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I AM having this problem with the ear piece that comes with the Pre. Normal operation without the ear piece, but with it I can hear them but they can't hear me. It is as if the ear piece is on mute. The button on the earpeice ends the call and does not disengage mute.

I think this is a user error, I think I just don't know how to disengage mute.
    there is a button for mute lol try this . ur phone may be stuck in headset mode so plug in headset and try a call and see it that works. if it does then plug in and unplug a few times but be easy not rough lol then reset ur phone and try a regular phone call if it works then kool ,if it doesnt take it back for a new one ,if it messes up like that again and again then return it hope i helped
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Heh!

As I typed the above it occurred to me that I might have to press the ear peice's button for 5 secs or longer to disengage the mute feature. I tried this and it worked. I called my self and left myself a message (apparently I was too busy to take the call) Not only could I hear my VM in the ear peice but I could record and hear a playback of my message that I left for myself.

For S&G, I tried to re-engage the mute feature using this same method and could not.

Any education on the proper use would be appreciated.
    It happens to me 2 to 3 times a month. I still have my original Pre from launch day. So far it hasn't been bad enough for me to take it back and risk getting one with some more serious problems.
    This happened to me too. I had to take mine in to Sprint and they changed out my device. The only way I could talk with someone while it was happening was by turning on the speaker phone once I pushed talk. They said that it was a common problem that they have been seeing lately. ??? Hope it doesn't happen again.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Sometimes you should plug on your mini to resolve that.
    What is this ear piece button you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    What is this ear piece button you speak of?
    the mute button when phone dialer is open i assume lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have this problem sometimes. My phone is thinking its still using a bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan View Post
    I have this problem sometimes. My phone is thinking its still using a bluetooth headset.
    turn off bluetooth when done using it saves battery life tooo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    The wired ear buds... the ear peices.... those ear peices that you would use if you wanted to listen to your Pre while you worked out... not the bluetooth ones....the ones that came with the Palm Pre. Where the cords from the ear buds meet is a little rectangular device that looks like it does absolutely nothing. If you look closer there is a button on it that you can push. Pushing it once answers or disconnects a call. Pushing it for 5 seconds or longer disengaged mute [haven't been able to reproduce this].

So, NO... I am NOT talking about the mute button in the phone dialer app. I am talking about the mute button on the ear bud/ear peice set that comes with the Pre.