Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But how can a supposed advanced OS device leave out stuff a dumbphone or even memory cards can do? Just because Apple got away with that crap, does that now mean everyone's going to use that 1.0 excuse if they leave a simple detail out of their phone? Being allowed to delete stuff directly off the phone is Phone OS 101, geez! The likely reason Apple won't allow it is really that they are too controlling.
    I agree, but I feel the reason so many features was left out so the bugs could be squashed. I would rather have a phone with out all the features than a phone with all the features an crawling with bugs. Maybe i am wrong and its a conspiracy against us in order to control us and make us do it how they want us to. (like apple does) But i do not think Palm is like that because they use open source and said they will allow side loading applications, things that apple does not. Give it time, I'm sure it will come around one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it doesn't bother me, but a file manager would be fine.
    maybe someone could hack the web browser settings to that file:// style URLs would work?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Its hella. Hella, hella.... hella , hella..

hella hella ridiculous... hella hella.

I take it you are from Northern California
    Being a non-Pre user, I also ardently agree that it makes no sense to require interaction with another device to delete anything off of the Pre. Regardless of V1 or not, makes no sense and frankly cannot be defended on any level. To blast a user for expressing this opinion is exceedingly childish.
    Are you guys certain you can't delete videos off of iPhones and iPods? I'm pretty sure I remember being able to do so on my first gen iPhone and I know I can with podcasts.
    There is a delete function for videos on the iPhone, but i've seen people claim the videos never really get deleted(it stays stuck taking up space) so I just use iTunes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    This thread is hella weak.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Being a non-Pre user, I also ardently agree that it makes no sense to require interaction with another device to delete anything off of the Pre. Regardless of V1 or not, makes no sense and frankly cannot be defended on any level. To blast a user for expressing this opinion is exceedingly childish.
    What?? Me so confused by big words...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Five Guys Burgers is hella good.

I just wanted to say "hella".

/hella
    It may not bother some people. But it does me.
    Not because I have immediate need to free up storage space or am not patient enough to use PC whenever I get my Pre hooked up.

But it worries/bothers me because I have high hope for Pre and Palm to succeed.

This seemingly innocent omission could be interpreted perhaps as carelessness or as a result of rushed product... Either way, I am willing to give Palm benefit of doubt and wait for a fix.

Just imagine how you would feel if your brand new car shows maintenance warning light for oil change and still shows the light after you changed oil. The only way to get rid of it is to hook up a maintenance computer and reset the alarm!!!! (This is what my brand new VW did until I found some secret key combination to clear it - manual said to take it to dealer!!!!!)

So, yeah, it may not be that important, but it may be a good barometer that shows what kind of company Palm really is and how committed it is to its products and customers.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    "HELLA LAME" - one of my favs, I loved all of her old movies....
    She invented CDMA!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    12 year olds usually say hecka. Hella is very Bay area (SF/Oak). Has been for over a decade now.
    I was about to say the same thing.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123