Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey there everyone,

I just got my initial pre replaced(slider crash issues) and i just got this brand new unit. It's working perfectly except for one minor difference from the last model i had. I noticed that when i press the stand by button to power on/off the screen, the screen doesn't immediately shut off/on, rather it fades off/on. its not annoying or anything. I just noticed this difference and I was curious if anyone else has a phone that does this
    Quote Originally Posted by clipt View Post
    Hey there everyone,

I just got my initial pre replaced(slider crash issues) and i just got this brand new unit. It's working perfectly except for one minor difference from the last model i had. I noticed that when i press the stand by button to power on/off the screen, the screen doesn't immediately shut off/on, rather it fades off/on. its not annoying or anything. I just noticed this difference and I was curious if anyone else has a phone that does this
    I got mine on the monday after the release date(last of three from my closest store's initial order) and it fades to black when I press the standby button. It's a quick fade though. Maybe half a second.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    life it seems will fade away...
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
  4.    #4  
    yeah mine doesn't take long to fade.. its really quick
    Yeah mine also fades but takes less than a second to do so.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Hmm... Mine is instant. I'd prefer fade. No fair!
    Fade to blayck....watch out now!!!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Fades
    Got mine on launch morning and it has always faded. I like it!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    drifting farther every day....
    Had mine since launch day. It fades.
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    I had the same experience as the OP. My first unit, obtained on release date went instantly to black. My new unit, picked up this last weekend due to an "earpiece failure" after plugging in headphones for the first time, fades. Doesn't really matter to me either way, but something I noticed immediately.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by fourply View Post
    drifting farther every day....
    getting lost within myself....

(christ I hope I got that right)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    mine doesnt fade..NOT FAIR lol didnt notice if my first unit faded or not..this is my 2nd
    And I thought this was a Metallica thread.
    "Sic Transit Gloria" Max Fischer
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    "Sic Transit Gloria" Max Fischer
    ++ for the Rushmore quote. Max Fischer could really use a Pre for his multi-tasking lifestyle.
    Nothing matters, no one else
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    ++ for the Rushmore quote. Max Fischer could really use a Pre for his multi-tasking lifestyle.
    "That was totally improvised!"
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I have lost the will to live
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast