Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I was on the waiting list for the Pre and I fianlly got the call saying that I could get mine which was on a Tuesday. I instantly fell in love with it and it was working beautifully. Now, on Thursday, just 3 day after getting it, the touch screen stopped working. I took it to the sprint store and they could not fix it so I'm going to have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to ship me a new one. I'm woundering if anyone else has run into this problem?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydueces View Post
    Ok, so I was on the waiting list for the Pre and I fianlly got the call saying that I could get mine which was on a Tuesday. I instantly fell in love with it and it was working beautifully. Now, on Thursday, just 3 day after getting it, the touch screen stopped working. I took it to the sprint store and they could not fix it so I'm going to have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to ship me a new one. I'm woundering if anyone else has run into this problem?
    I just had to exchange mine because of dead pixels. Screen works fine. Must have gotten a lemon.
  3. #3  
    Mine just stopped woking today!
  4. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbaker65 View Post
    I just had to exchange mine because of dead pixels. Screen works fine. Must have gotten a lemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by schabonbon View Post
    Mine just stopped woking today!
    Seems like more than a bushel of lemons are out there!
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Seems like more than a bushel of lemons are out there!
    Two does not constitute a sufficiently large or varied sample to conclude anything other than the fact that, there are two Pres out there with defective touch screens.

    This is not to say that I doubt that there are others (Hell, I had a Centro in which the touch screen died after about eight months). A true approximation of the numbers can only be made through a controlled survey and subsequent examination of the defective devices to determine if the problem is due to defect or abuse.

    However, the coincidence is intriguing.
  6. Glenn2009's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #6  
    Mine touch screen stopped working last night. I've had the phone since release day. So I'm just waiting for the sprint store to open...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Two does not constitute a sufficiently large or varied sample to conclude anything other than the fact that, there are two Pres out there with defective touch screens.

    This is not to say that I doubt that there are others (Hell, I had a Centro in which the touch screen died after about eight months). A true approximation of the numbers can only be made through a controlled survey and subsequent examination of the defective devices to determine if the problem is due to defect or abuse.

    However, the coincidence is intriguing.
    You have to take anything said on the forum with a grain of salt. There are people even without Pres posting negative stuff, it's hard to say what's what. Undoubtedly like in any device, there will be some bad ones. That's a given.
  8. #8  
    My wife's stopped working at day 35, sad.. my pre on the other hand has been working great, but I also had to return my first due to charing issues. The phone regardless of charger would only work some of the time. I would have to plug and then unplug until it finally registered the charger. keep you posted on quality.. I think definately some issues, but I love the os as what we can do enough to be alright with the issues I have had. I also have been ale to get replacements qquickly... so not really a big deal to me.
  9. #9  
    My pre touchscreen started getting flaky sometimes working sometimes not....had to get it swapped out at radio shack...

Posting Permissions