1.    #1  
    Not that I am really complaining, mind you, but I no longer have to slide the button to unlock the phone. I just tap the power button, and I am right back where I left off. I don't know how I did it either.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    It does this when it's plugged into the charger. Try plugging it in then unplugging if it's doing it when not plugged in, or turn off then on again.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I love the webos implementation of unlocking. It makes me feel like I'm kicking a field goal.

(they should give us different themes for it. Free throw, penalty kick, home run, checkmate, operation buzzer...)
    I like it too, though when it's PIN locked it's a bit of a PITA. By design, I guess. But still.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Mine is missing when I click the power button rapidly. If I press the on button and give it a few seconds the slide to unlock will appear...however if I slide to unlock it and then press the on button rapidly to turn the screen on and off on and off on and off it will not appear and when I slide the slider open it crashes

Are any of you with the slide to open missin experiencing crashes with the slider?
    I hope they implement a timeout period for the PIN. Its nice, but I would like it to not be required for a half hour to an hour. If my corporate BB can stay unlocked for an hour, surely my Pre can be 'unsecure' for that amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    (they should give us different themes for it. Free throw, penalty kick, home run, checkmate, operation buzzer...)
    Okay, that would be really fun!
    I hate the lock. I've never used it in any of my other phones and found that hitting the button is enough of a lock I'll need. Anyone know how to permanently disable the lock?

Sliding it open would work, but I don't want to do that all the time.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    It does this when it's plugged into the charger. Try plugging it in then unplugging if it's doing it when not plugged in, or turn off then on again.
    It was off the charger, but still no slide. I did a reset and it is now back. Unfortunately. I think it is completely redundant to have to slide it around after I already depress the power button.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Not that I am really complaining, mind you, but I no longer have to slide the button to unlock the phone. I just tap the power button, and I am right back where I left off. I don't know how I did it either.
    Have you tried opening the "Screen&Lock" icon in the launcher?

If not open it up and scroll down to the section which says "SECURE UNLOCK" and there are 3 options if you tap on it: 1) OFF 2) Simple PIN 3) Password Mine is set to OFF. So maybe that will help in the future if that same problem occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    It was off the charger, but still no slide. I did a reset and it is now back. Unfortunately. I think it is completely redundant to have to slide it around after I already depress the power button.
    The purpose of the slide to unlock is so that it can't turn on accidentally while in your pocket.
    Here is something i have been working on for the non-password unlock screen.. need a couple more touches to it and it will be done... maybe.......
    Also made all the padlock transparent... It lloks pretty cool as we speak now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    What am I doing wrong. I have to enter the PIN every 3 minutes, because that's the longest delay allowed. I can't slide to unlock and don't want to have to slide to unlock when I am driving. I want to control when the phone should be locked and when it should be unlocked. The PIN lock kills my photodialing, speed dialing ability if I have to put in 4 numbers before I can make a call. Has someone come up with a homebrew app that will allow me control over my phone???