1.    #1  
    I just read the article on doubletwist. I downloaded it and tried to get an album that I downloaded from Itunes to work on my pre but it would not. Any ideas. It will play on my ipod but I was hoping this phone would replace my ipod.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Upgrade the album to iTunes+ if available, the upgraded tracks won't have DRM on them. OR get doubletwist (Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist).
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Strip the DRM from your music. I'm not sure if there's a legal method for doing it yet. I'm pretty sure there are tools on the internet to strip it though.
    Just strip it. The poor mans way is to burn the mp3s to a disc as the full wma file then rip them off and they come backs a drm free. Beats paying apple 30 cents or whatever it is.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Just strip it. The poor mans way is to burn the mp3s to a disc as the full wma file then rip them off and they come backs a drm free. Beats paying apple 30 cents or whatever it is.
    I think DoubleTwist has a way of converting them. It will do about 100 songs in 30 minutes. That beats burning to a cd and then back again.

You will lose some quality due to the conversion from AAC to MP3, but there really is no other way to strip the DRM and create a lossless file.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The problem is that Doubletwist is pretty buggy in my experience. And it loads a TON of garbage onto your computer.
  7.    #7  
    On the FAQ of the help menu of doubletwist it states that it cannot convert DRM music. It states that I will have to pay $.30 for each song to Itunes.