Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. AdidasNYR's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
       #1  
    Like I said I dont but for reasons I wont bore you with the auto login on the iphone is HUGE to me. I have reasons for needing it, its not that I am lazy.

    I used my ipod touch with autologin and it is exactly what I need.

    Please tell me this could easily be written to the pre either by palm, a hack or even an app.

    We never know if palm will add this so thats a crapshoot but any of you guys with knowledge of the SDK know if this is even possible?

    Thanks guys. I dont want an iPhone!
  2. #2  
    What is this auto login that you speak of?
  3. #3  
    Yeah, automatically login to what?
  4. #4  
    Yeah, not sure what you're talking about..
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  5. #5  
    So don't buy an iPhone?
  6. #6  
    he wants his user names and passwords saved on the phone so he does not have to type it all in every time he goes to certain websights for example this one every time you come to it with you pre you have to type in your use name and password. but on my computer i have stuff like that saved in the browser so i dont have to type it. if im not mistaken.
  7. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #7  
    The Pre stores cookies with login info for me just fine.
  8. jade408's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #8  
    Apple just added this 5 minutes ago with the version 3.0 release
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Like I said I dont but for reasons I wont bore you with the auto login on the iphone is HUGE to me. I have reasons for needing it, its not that I am lazy.

    I used my ipod touch with autologin and it is exactly what I need.

    Please tell me this could easily be written to the pre either by palm, a hack or even an app.

    We never know if palm will add this so thats a crapshoot but any of you guys with knowledge of the SDK know if this is even possible?

    Thanks guys. I dont want an iPhone!
    Proof read your darn post so we know what the heck you're talking about. Sheesh...

    A poorly written post is more annoying than a troll, especially since you know the person has a legit question/concern and you have NO IDEA what they (or it) are talking about.
  10. octones's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #10  
    I auto login to the mobile version of the forums just fine. Also ESPN, Facebook, Myspace, some other forums, etc. Not sure what this dude is smoking.
  11. drakej's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #11  
    I set all kinds of forums and what not to auto log in and it works just fine.
  12. ndawes's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #12  
    The new feature on the Iphone auto logs in to WiFI.
    ie. if you walk from one starbucks to another, it will auto detect the new starbucks and sign/log you on. Or any other WiFi location you have previously signed on to.
    It should be as simple as anything to add this to any phone.
  13. #13  
    If you have already signed into a WiFi hot spot on the Pre, you don't have to do it the next time you are in that hot spot. New hot spots with different SSID's I don't think so.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndawes View Post
    The new feature on the Iphone auto logs in to WiFI.
    ie. if you walk from one starbucks to another, it will auto detect the new starbucks and sign/log you on. Or any other WiFi location you have previously signed on to.
    It should be as simple as anything to add this to any phone.
    My Pre does this.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    My Pre does this.
    Mine too...
  16. #16  
    lol. A whole thread full of responses when we don't really know what the question is.
  17. JC Strat's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #17  
    IPhone OS3.0 allows one to autologin to all at&t hotspots, for example at starbucks, automatically if wifi is turned on, whether you have ever connected through that hotspot or not. So, you don't have to take the 4 seconds to select to join the network.

    Now, a pre app to spoof into those hotspots might be interesting...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Strat View Post
    Now, a pre app to spoof into those hotspots might be interesting...
    I doubt that would ever show up. AT&T customers use their phone number to log in.
  19. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #19  
    I think this is what he's talking about:
    How to enable autofill for Safari on iPhone OS 3.0 | iPhonefreak

    It allows you to save usernames and passwords for various sites (not cookies that keep you logged in). It is a very useful feature. For instance ebay only allows you stay logged in one day, with autofill you dont have to type your credentials everytime you go to the site. It is a security concern though.
  20. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Strat View Post
    IPhone OS3.0 allows one to autologin to all at&t hotspots, for example at starbucks, automatically if wifi is turned on, whether you have ever connected through that hotspot or not. So, you don't have to take the 4 seconds to select to join the network.

    Now, a pre app to spoof into those hotspots might be interesting...
    I have AT&T landline phone service and that works just fine. You can also get free wifi at Starbucks if you buy a gift card and register it online. It is a minor inconvenience to log into that initial page.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions