Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    why do you write a post and then not check back? I would not want a auto fill on say websites I frequently visit more then the couple of forums I visit. Say you do this for your bank... then if you lose or your phone gets stolen what then?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    all your bases are belong to us
    Every mobile device needs form login auto fill. Android has it. The Pre, not yet.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    Proof read your darn post so we know what the heck you're talking about. Sheesh...

A poorly written post is more annoying than a troll, especially since you know the person has a legit question/concern and you have NO IDEA what they (or it) are talking about.
    I guess I could say "Read the darn thread so you'll realize that some people DO know what this person is talking about," to you and all the other quick-to-judge souls around here.

The op said there's a reason he needs this - one he doesn't want to share. For all we know, the reason is that he's got missing fingers or has cerebral palsy.

Or he's busy and maybe it's kinda trollish to call somebody a troll with so little provocation.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    I think this is what he's talking about:
    How to enable autofill for Safari on iPhone OS 3.0 | iPhonefreak

It allows you to save usernames and passwords for various sites (not cookies that keep you logged in). It is a very useful feature. For instance ebay only allows you stay logged in one day, with autofill you dont have to type your credentials everytime you go to the site. It is a security concern though.
    Sorry guys I was away from the forums for longer than usual today and I just got on. This is exactly what i need. I need to have my user name and password auto filled in the login form to a certain website so I can just hit login right away without having to re-type that info again.

For those interested why, its quite simple. Im self employed and one of the ways I get work is all the techs in my area are text-ed with new work orders in my area. The way to take the work is login to a website. First come first serve takes it.

On the iPhone I can log into the site to accept the work order and because of auto fill I get right in very quickly. With the Pre I have to type in my user name and password and I lose valuable time and ultimately the work.

Just want auto fill badly.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So can an app add this in?
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Sorry guys I was away from the forums for longer than usual today and I just got on. This is exactly what i need. I need to have my user name and password auto filled in the login form to a certain website so I can just hit login right away without having to re-type that info again.

For those interested why, its quite simple. Im self employed and one of the ways I get work is all the techs in my area are text-ed with new work orders in my area. The way to take the work is login to a website. First come first serve takes it.

On the iPhone I can log into the site to accept the work order and because of auto fill I get right in very quickly. With the Pre I have to type in my user name and password and I lose valuable time and ultimately the work.

I personally log out on my mobile every time I go to a website so if it is stolen none of my info will be available to the person. ( Especially with ebay/paypal ect.) But if you really want it and really wanting it is being lazy to some extent it is an easy enough add on a app or hack should be able to do the trick but thats a generalization.
    Aha, so a form filler type deal, like Firefox has. Or something like "Roboform"... Might be a good idea for an app.
    What happens if you login in the morning and just keep that open as a card? Does your login expire after X minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post

You tools. The autologin feature over wifi that he's referring to is the kind one encounters when trying to access a wifi network at an airport, or such. Those HTTP gateways go away with iPhone OS 3.0. If you live or work in an area that has a ton of them, I can see why he would be smitten by it.

I've had a Pre for two days (came from an iPhone, I work for Apple) and I've encountered more fanboys in 48 hours than in two years on the other side. I hope this is just an initial bout of enthusiasm and not a reflection on the Pre community as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakbep View Post
    You tools. The autologin feature over wifi that he's referring to is the kind one encounters when trying to access a wifi network at an airport, or such. Those HTTP gateways go away with iPhone OS 3.0. If you live or work in an area that has a ton of them, I can see why he would be smitten by it.

I've had a Pre for two days (came from an iPhone, I work for Apple) and I've encountered more fanboys in 48 hours than in two years on the other side. I hope this is just an initial bout of enthusiasm and not a reflection on the Pre community as a whole.
    Um, no. I don't think that's what he's talking about. "tools", indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakbep View Post
    As a member of mac forums for years, you're right. We have our share of idiotic fanboys, but this forum takes it to a new level.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12