1.    #1  
    When are we gonna get it? It's a great part of the mobile google maps app but we're left out, what's the deal?

Apologies if it's been written about I did a search and saw no threads with it.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommysb View Post
    When are we gonna get it? It's a great part of the mobile google maps app but we're left out, what's the deal?

Apologies if it's been written about I did a search and saw no threads with it.
    I was just wondering about this too. I was wondering if it would conflict with sprints $5 / month service they offer.
  3.    #3  
    what is sprint's service? and i can't imagine it does considering it's for google accounts much like gchat.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Might have better luck asking google if they're going to support the Pre. Shouldn't be too hard since they already support android.
    any updates on if we're getting this on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    There have been many threads on this. The short answer is 'when google makes it work'

So, no eta.

Look in the homebrew section for Longitude, a latitude-like app (requires web server access)

Of course, it would be a LOT easier to get a latitude client written for the pre if goggle would publish an api for latitude...
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Google posted a note on a Tanzanian blog that said no.
    Tanzanian blog? random....??
    Last edited by Warblad13; 09/15/2009 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    You might be a little too subtle for this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You might be a little too subtle for this forum.
    and i was actually googling Tanzanian blog lol
    On 1.2 isn't there an option called "locate me using" and one of the options is Google.. And I think its under location services, so it could be latitude..
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    On 1.2 isn't there an option called "locate me using" and one of the options is Google.. And I think its under location services, so it could be latitude..
    hopefully but i think its just a easier way to turn off gps to conserve battery life
  15. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about buying a cheap Nokia 5230 or Nokia E63 as second phone to use Google Latitude...

Stupid dammed Google....
  16. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about buying a cheap Nokia 5230 or Nokia E63 as second phone to use Google Latitude...

Stupid dammed Google....
    You would think it'd be relatively easy to add.. all the Pre does is load Google Maps -- You'll notice that Latitude is enabled when you visit in your browser. I'm sure Palm makes some modifications, so poking around in the maps.app could unlock it some how.