Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I'm look for your Top 10 Palm Pre bug/fix/enhancement list. Essentially, how you want WebOS and the CORE APPLICATIONS on the Pre upgraded?

*Please, no "I want such and such new app to be added".

Top 10 in order of importance:
    1. Calendar Overview - display next 3-4 upcoming events overlayed on the wallpaper (user option) or within the calendar app
    2. Blinking alert for missed call/text/email notification if the phone is off.
    3. Launcher Usability - should show more than 9 icons on the screen at one time and should have more than 3 pages for better organization
    4. Texting more user friendly
      • Ability to copy and paste or forward texts
      • Ability to have multiple chat cards open at the same time
      • Call button directly from the chat window with having to open their card first
    5. GIF support for animated pictures (weather radar)
    6. App Catalog should be more user friendly
      • More ways to organize by categories and popularity/dates/downloads (in last week/month)
      • Show the versions of Apps and what's changed between versions? (Must require vendors to add something before submitting)
      • Updated apps should not be shown under "most recent" because companies will just "update" to give them more visibility.
    7. Task Viewability Lists should be shown in a smaller font. Currently there's enough room for 3 words on average before you get the ellipsis... (support landscape mode maybe as well?), Also should sync with Google.
    8. Music Filtering - Need ability to go into Genre and then filter by artist or CD. Basically multilevel filtering. Currently its a bit of a pain to browse around
    9. Photo Organization - Ability to organize your photos via folders, as well as Facebook syncing to all my photos there so I don't have to go to go to the webpage
    10. Cursor Magnify - like iPhone, if i hold down on the screen it magnifys so i can place the cursor with one hand (Apple may have patent)
    Alarm tweaks. I remember my old Nokia candybar phone (really old) that did alarms right. You could even have the phone turned completely off and the alarm would sound. You could have it in silent mode and the alarm would sound.

The biggest deals here would be proper time zone handling (there are reports that this is messed up) and alarm volume control that is independent of and overrides EVERYTHING.
    I don't know if I have 10... Here's a list, all under the assumption that the root need not be rooted (which I've done... very nice!)...

1) For photos, more options for sending. For example, specify address, path and credentials for an FTP server.
    2) File downloads to an arbitrary local directory.
    3) On-device local filesystem management.
    4) Bluetooth file transfer to/from PC.
    5) Solid SSH client.
    6) Ability to create more launcher pages. (I currently have 4, but that required rooting)
    7) Voice recorder.
    8) Auto-changing wallpaper. The Pre has an incredible screen... show it off! (Again, I rooted and wrote/cron'ed a Bourne script to do this already, but it should be automated.)
    9) Flashlight. Seriously, it would be great to use the LED as a low-powered, short-use flashlight, instead of those little crappy ones that are on some folks' keychains.
    10) Attachment to use the Pre as a Taser. (Ok, I just added this one so I'd have 10. Still a good idea, IMHO. )
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    I don't know if I have 10... Here's a list, all under the assumption that the root need not be rooted (which I've done... very nice!)...

1) For photos, more options for sending. For example, specify address, path and credentials for an FTP server.
    2) File downloads to an arbitrary local directory.
    3) On-device local filesystem management.
    4) Bluetooth file transfer to/from PC.
    5) Solid SSH client.
    6) Ability to create more launcher pages. (I currently have 4, but that required rooting)
    7) Voice recorder.
    8) Auto-changing wallpaper. The Pre has an incredible screen... show it off! (Again, I rooted and wrote/cron'ed a Bourne script to do this already, but it should be automated.)
    9) Flashlight. Seriously, it would be great to use the LED as a low-powered, short-use flashlight, instead of those little crappy ones that are on some folks' keychains.
    10) Attachment to use the Pre as a Taser. (Ok, I just added this one so I'd have 10. Still a good idea, IMHO. )
    You have not read the instructions carefully and your Pre shall be taken out and disassembled.

"I'm look for your Top 10 Palm Pre bug/fix/enhancement list. Essentially, how you want WebOS and the CORE APPLICATIONS on the Pre upgraded?

*Please, no 'I want such and such new app to be added'."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    1. Be able to reply from my exchange account without it being a jumbled mess
    2. Be able to collapse folders in the mail application
    3. Ability to invite attendees when setting up a calendar event
    4. Be able to have a time stamp on text messages
    5. Be able to set a calendar reminder for more options (i.e., longer than 1 day and for 0 minutes)
    6. Have the option to turn the screen off when on the charger
    7. Visual notification reminder
    8. Option to change sound for all notifications
    9. Option to change vibration alerts for all notifications
    10. More apps to use accelerometer
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    First of all, I am more than happy with this phone. That being said:

1. Be able to sync a calendar event with more than one external calendar
    2. Be able to move a contact from one external source to another
    3. Cut and paste like iphone
    4. Document editing
    5. Streaming radio stations
    6. Tweak alarm - customize days and ringer options. I personally want the thing to silence when I turn the ringer off, so maybe make this a user defined option?
    7. e-reader, especially something that will read download txt files, like Plucker, so I can read free books from Project Gutenberg -- Maybe a Kindle app?
    8. Download mp3's from Amazon without wireless.
    9. Landscape mode virtual keyboard.
    10. (really 1.) tethering. If I have to pay, then for me, I'd be happy with a limited number of hours per month, or the ability to pay a modest daily fee for connectivity during vacation travel.

Wow -- I didn't think I could come up with 10! Here are three hardware wishes for good measure:
    1. Better battery
    2. Sd card reader
    3. 5 way key instead of button.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    1. Desktop Sync
    2. Media Player bookmarking/scrubbing
    3. Alphabet bar in contacts
    4. Predictive Text
    5. More nipple control (Make it a D-Pad)
    6. Palm Desktop (app store/pim/library management)
    7. Virtual keyboard
    8. Video (with editing tools like 3GS)
    9. Spellchuck
    10. Visual Voicemail
    Two great ones in here:

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    5. More nipple control

9. Spellchuck
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You have not read the instructions carefully and your Pre shall be taken out and disassembled.

"I'm look for your Top 10 Palm Pre bug/fix/enhancement list. Essentially, how you want WebOS and the CORE APPLICATIONS on the Pre upgraded?

*Please, no 'I want such and such new app to be added'."
    Yeah, I'd say that's what they are. You're welcome to disagree.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If I could extend mine to 15, I'd add these from the above lists (can't believe I forgot the first one!):

1. Visual Voicemail - Would be sooo nice to have!
    2. Bluetooth file transfer to/from PC - the day and age of hooking a phone up to a computer is over!
    3. Voice Recorder - A good thing for memos when your driving.
    4. Tethering - would be nice on the go, even if they limited it to a certain amount of time per month
    5. Landscape virtual keyboard (so you don't have to rotate the phone and open the keyboard to type)
    Last edited by wicketr; 06/29/2009 at 03:54 PM.