View Poll Results: How often do you fail to send an SMS?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a day

6 24.00%
  • Once a week

10 40.00%
  • Multiple times a day

4 16.00%
  • Multiple times a week.

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre seems to fail to send SMS messages quite frequently.. Especially when sending multiple messages. 1of2 messages (2nd fails). Wondering if this happens to others. Coverage does not seem to matter and I mostly text VZW subscribers.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    You need a "never" on your poll....
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    mine works fine - sent over 500 texts in 2 days and failed maybe 2
  4.    #4  
    Sadly I cannot edit the pole but didn't even think of that being possible. I have sent around 5,000 texts with my Pre and would say 50 have failed if I had to guess.
    The Pre just doesn't like VZW subscribers because they're all weenies.

I don't know that it's ever happened with my Pre. It might depend on your service area.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    You need a "never" on your poll....
    Yeah, definitely need more options on your poll.
    I've never had an SMS or MMS fail on the Pre.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I've never had a text message fail to send from my Pre.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    First time I ever had a fail to send on Sprint was a week ago, and it happened twice in one day.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Only happens on mine when I send one exactly when one is coming in.
    Never. Why isn't that an option?
    Never happened. But, I won't give you a hard time for your failure to add that to your poll, given my own poll faux pas.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I doubt I have had this happen more than twice to me since I have had the phone, which was launch day, and I do my fair share of texting during the day.
    I've sent at least 700 SMS messages and have only had about 5 fail to send. This was definitely because of my service tho. I live in an area with average to poor reception and sometimes I have 0 bars for a few seconds. If I send a text and the bars drop to 0, it'll fail. As long as I have at least 1 bar, they send perfectly...
    Didn't vote b/c this has never happened to me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I've never sent an SMS message that didn't take from 5 minutes to over three hours to arrive either from my Pre or to my Pre. I sent a test message from a web site and three hours later it appeared on my phone. I have sent messages to my sisters phone on AT&T and never received a response even when we were on the phone testing it. My girlfriend's Pre purchased at the same time and on the same plan has exactly the same issue. Most of the time we have full bars of signal. One of the things I was interested in with the Pre was in texting, never really wanted to before. You can imagine how disappointed I am that it doesn't work correctly. My next step is to call Sprint and talk to their technical support about it. I understand there may be some kind of reset they have to do on our account.

Can I vote "Nearly every time"?
    Does anyone have mms issues? I tried sending a pic to a friend (on Sprint) but he never received it. He suggested that I shut the phone off, take the battery out and then put everything together and turn it on again. After I did all that, he texts me saying he received the pic. Also right at the exact moment the phone finished booting up, I received a notification and it ended up being a pic from another friend (on VZW btw) that was sent approx 4 hrs earlier. I paid an early termination fee to get out of Verizon just to get a Pre and I never had any of these kinds of issues with them. Is this possibly a bug in WebOS or is this a Sprint issue?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charles77k View Post
    Does anyone have mms issues? I tried sending a pic to a friend (on Sprint) but he never received it. He suggested that I shut the phone off, take the battery out and then put everything together and turn it on again. After I did all that, he texts me saying he received the pic. Also right at the exact moment the phone finished booting up, I received a notification and it ended up being a pic from another friend (on VZW btw) that was sent approx 4 hrs earlier. I paid an early termination fee to get out of Verizon just to get a Pre and I never had any of these kinds of issues with them. Is this possibly a bug in WebOS or is this a Sprint issue?
    I thought i was the only one having the mms issue (we really should make a thread) uhh i dont know if its a bug or if its more of the fact that webOS doesnt resize the pictures before sending it thus certain phones wont recieve the file because the carrier rejects it. (I saw a message on one mms i tried to send that said the carrier doesnt support the size) so I think that's the issue.
    Oh back on topic , only time i ever fail to send a message is when i have no service and the first day I had the phone because I didnt know I had to talk to a sprint rep before they turned on the service lol, my messages always send though, so I also need never to be an option
    This happened to me once and it was a send/receive conflict as well as moving into a building with not so great coverage.

It would be a pain to retype those messages unless if gives an option to resend?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    once
    glad to see i'm not the only one with the problem. i've had it occur with other phones but not as often as the pre. i thought it might have been my google voice service or something cause that's how most of my texts are sent and received.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast