Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Man, I've tried searching for this everywhere. I'm with sprint and don't qualify for an upgrade (got the pro in March). So, I think I pretty much am stuck with Best Buy or Ebay- Unless anyone else has an recommendations.
    So, best buy seems like a good deal, but I can't find anywhere, any kind of info on when they'll be getting more in, and how many.

Anyone have any info?
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Man, I've tried searching for this everywhere. I'm with sprint and don't qualify for an upgrade (got the pro in March). So, I think I pretty much am stuck with Best Buy or Ebay- Unless anyone else has an recommendations.
    So, best buy seems like a good deal, but I can't find anywhere, any kind of info on when they'll be getting more in, and how many.

Anyone have any info?
    Word is most stores are empty, but you can check on-line to see if any stores in your area have pres in stock. Go to best buy.com and search for the pre, then click "check availability.

Also, most best buy stores are running a waiting list. You have to put down a $50 deposit (which is actually just a BB gift card) to get on the waiting list.

As for shipments, your guess is as good as mine; but if you go to the store the employees can check on the computer to see if any are waiting in the DCs.
  3. joelpalm
    They are trickling in to best buy. just keep checking their website, but be quick, they are usually gone the same day.
    Note that you can't get a subsidized price at best buy either if you're not upgrade eligible. And, even worse, Best Buy will charge you an extra $300 for a no contract phone!

You should be able to just pay the early termination fee to get our of your existing contract.
    The sales lady at Best Buy told me they are getting a shipment on the July 8th (even though she was pretty confident some would be in before that). I was already on the wait list but now they are doing the $50 down, I had to go in and pay the $50 to insure my spot. They were only ordering/receiving however many $50 deposits there were. I am next on the list currently...hoping to have my Pre well before the 8th.
    Yesterday morning I hit my local best buy in another desperate attempt to get a pre before I break down this weekend and buy an iphone.

They informed me of the 50$ pre-order gift card thing and I begrudgingly obliged.

They told me none were on order or scheduled for delivery anytime soon.

Much to my surprise, I was contacted about 1PM yesterday and informed that ONE pre was just delivered and they were holding it for me.

It's mine and it's perfect. Couldn't be happier.

The moral: do the $50 preorder.
    My Best Buy called me yesterday and told me there was one waiting for me. I had requested a new one due to a defect, but Sprint and Palm already resolved the issue, so I told them thanks but they could let it go.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I swung by my local Best Buy store to check availability. It is true that they don't have any, but they did put my name on the waiting list without having to buy the gift card. The only caveat is that I have to claim the phone within 24 hours of being notified that it is in.

Having been screwed too many times on high ticket rebates I really don't want, at best, to give Sprint a free loan $100 loan for 3 months while my rebate gets processed. In another forum someone indicated that phone orders to Sprint were being processed, net of the rebate, but that isn't true, at least not for me. However, the rep at Sprint said that by processing the rebate my warranty would be extended from 90 days to 1 year, which really bummed me out. The Best Buy sales person said that the phone comes with a one year warranty, period.

I guess I will find out when the phone comes.
    Best Buy also called my wife yesterday to let us know they had some coming in but I had already found one at a local Sprint Store. I'm hoping if they get the phones they get a few accessories as well. I really need another sync / charge cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by readams View Post
    You should be able to just pay the early termination fee to get our of your existing contract.
    This is not necessarily true, and part of the reason I"m so pissed off at sprint right now.

I went through 3 levels of customer retention and they refused to work wtih me on this. I wanted to pay the Early termination fee ($170) and then resign a 2 year contract to get the pre for $199 after MIR. They all refused to work with me on this (even on threatening to quit, even though I have been a sprint customer for 5 years and have a lot of documentation showing the BS they've put me through).

The closest I got was that they claimed I could cancel my contract but in order to get the new contract price I would have to change my phone number (their reasoning is because eligibility sticks with the phone number), but they also were quick to note that they could not 100% guarantee that if I got a new number that I would be eligible, since I am the same person.

Frankly, they really pissed me off with this whole ordeal.

Anyways, I ended up getting a brand new pre from a (what looks to be) reputable ebay dealer with paypal buyer protection for $400 (about the same price I would have paid sprint to cancel and renew my contract). My phone comes in today so I'll report tonight how the phone is, and if it works I'll link the seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post

The moral: do the $50 preorder.
    Couldn't agree more! I was #15 on the list and jumped 13 people to #2 by taking advantage of the preorder/gift card promo.

I also heard that there was going to be a big shipment coming in July 8th but that I might get a call before then.
    My Best Buy store is doing preorders now as well. Kinda annoys me that I can't walk in and walk out with one, but oh well. I'll put my name on a preorder list in order to take advantage of the instant rebate.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm concerned about purchasing at Best Buy in case I need to exchange -- are BB purchases eligible for exchange at a Sprint Store in case of a defective phone since it looks like a replacement will be particularly hard to come by at BB?