Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    They're getting a lot of interest out of the enterprise right now.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    They're very tight-lipped about any new carriers and won't say anything about it. Or simply put "We have no new carrier announcements to make at this time."
    any other notes from the meeting? I don't have audio at work
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    They're very tight-lipped about any new carriers and won't say anything about it. Or simply put "We have no new carrier announcements to make at this time."
    Darn! That would really stimulate the developer crowd!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    No numbers, no new product announcements. They're taking the Apple route and instead are confidently saying "Just watch as we roll stuff out. I think you'll find it very exciting."

They expect to break even by mid 2010 which is way ahead of what analysts were thinking. The majority thought that wouldn't happen unti 2011. Only one analyst yesterday upgraded them saying they'd be cash flow positive in 2010.

Part of what's happening with the stock right now is that there was a HUGE short interest. Hehe. The buggers are getting squeezed like no tomorrow. They won't be getting any sleep tonight.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Darn! That would really stimulate the developer crowd!
    It sounds like they already have their hands full with developers. They reiterated that they've had HUNDREDS in the early development program and are now opening to thousands and they think people will be incredibly excited and delighted with what comes out.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I also don't have audio at work, even precentral's liveblog was blocked, so I used my PRE to view the liveblog. It felt great You can get the full transcript of the conference call in few hours from seeking alpha. The link usually shows up under palm's yahoo finance page.

P.S. Thanks Dieter, that was a great coverage.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    SharonW, if it wasn't because of those buggers we wouldn't be in $10's. They are so stupid that they come to this board and bash pre thinking they are going to effect pre's sales. Long live shorts.
    What do you think the return rate is? If you only read the posts here, you'd figure 60 percent. A lot of posts here about people on their third and fourth phones. My guess is it's probably around 8 percent.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    SharonW, if it wasn't because of those buggers we wouldn't be in $10's. They are so stupid that they come to this board and bash pre thinking they are going to effect pre's sales. Long live shorts.
    Agreed. Them thar buggers is making me more money more quickly than I expected. I thought for sure the percentage of shorts would diminish after the rise from 10 to 14, but instead more piled on.

I think long term, PALM has the potential to be a huge investment although I may jump in and out booking profits and then rebuying dips. Remember it was only about five years ago APPL was around 20.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    What do you think the return rate is? If you only read the posts here, you'd figure 60 percent. A lot of posts here about people on their third and fourth phones. My guess is it's probably around 8 percent.
    I would think 8% is high, due to the fact that most people don't care about the "wiggle" and obviously don't read precentral.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Well someone conducted a poll here on something similar and the number of contributors to the poll grows each day. This is an exchange rate poll. The very worst number of 3 or 4 exchanges has remained constant since the day the poll began. It totals eight. Apparently, whiners are very vocal. (now watch it magically grow because I pointed it out)

68% no problem, no returns, and then including the one time only exchangers it was 88%.

Here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/poll-1589-a.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12