Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Just turned in my second Pre for another new one. I had been using my Pre all morning and it was fine. I took out my phone from its case after 1/2 hour of inactivity and the scree was dark. I pressed the power button and the screen would not come on. I then turned the phone off and then on again. When it came back on it stuck at the initial palm screen and that was it. I took it into the sprint store....they ran some kind of diagnostic on it and said it was fried. I got another new one but think I will be returning it for a refund within the 30 days if this thing even hiccups.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Im on my second Pre now, thats exactly what my first one did. It froze up then kept cycling at the Palm screen. The rep told me there was a known software issue and that in about a week there will be another update. Lets cross our fingers. It was a pain to customize all over again!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ginasno1 View Post
    IThe rep told me there was a known software issue and that in about a week there will be another update.

I thinks thats why I am still waiting to get my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I thinks thats why I am still waiting to get my pre.
    If you wait another 11 months it will be pretty much perfect. The only problem will be that the Pre 2 will be out then with a whole new set of bugs.

Personally I would rather enjoy new technology when it comes out rather than wait for it to be bug free and obsolete.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Just curious. How were you charging your Pre? Since you used the word fried.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Wow, I'm still on my first one since launch day.....