1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,
    I am expecing to receive a replacement pre in the next day or two. One concern that I have is that I my pre might develop a bubble or have a broken keyboard in the next .... lets say 2 months. If my pre does develop a defect, will Sprint/Palm replace it or repair it for free? I'd imagine the pre does have a one year warranty for manufacturer defects? I'm also worried that Palm might eventually have a class action lawsuit with all of these issues. Anyways, let me know, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    I'd imagine the pre does have a one year warranty for manufacturer defects?
    Correct.
    So after 30 days we have to take our problems to Palm as supposed to Sprint (barring any TEP or protection plan from Sprint)
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    So after 30 days we have to take our problems to Palm as supposed to Sprint (barring any TEP or protection plan from Sprint)
    From what I've read here, Palm support is pretty responsive so I'm not that worried about it.
    after 30 days you can not return it... and you have a 2 year contract with sprint..

but there is a warranty on the phone i think?

Depends on what you mean by "return"
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    He clarified in his post meaning repair or replace due to manufacturing defects.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    after 30 days you can not return it... and you have a 2 year contract with sprint..

but there is a warranty on the phone i think?

The OP is referring to Sprint/Palm fixing the device, which will happen like the other posters stated above...one year manufacturer warranty handled by Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    even if you have a TEP from sprint and you want to exchange the phone 30 days after purchase becuase theres a defect, you'd have to pay $100
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    even if you have a TEP from sprint and you want to exchange the phone 30 days after purchase becuase theres a defect, you'd have to pay $100
    Not true. $100 deductible is for lost, stolen, or physically damaged phones. I have gone into a Sprint store after accidentally damaging my phone and walked out with a new version (Treo 700p -> Treo 755p) with no out of pocket expenses. However, when my Kyocera died, I had to pay the $50 to get it replaced for the Treo 650 replacement.

It partly depends on the store. If you go to the Sprint owned service center, you will generally be handled well. But you will never have to par a deductible for something that is a hardware failure. That is what TEP is covering.