1.    #1  
    All of a sudden my keyboard stopped working! I did reboot it, no go.
    I May have to exchange my Pre, what can I do to get the new one back to the same setup?

What won't the Palm's servers restore? I will back up everything that is in USB drive mode but what else can I do so I can seamlessly get back up and running?

EDIT: A reboot did not fix it but I just tried pulling the battery and low and behold it is working now!!!

I still would like to know what else can someone do or backup if this happens.
    Last edited by Paladin; 06/25/2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I exchanged a pre yesterday. Here is what i found when i restored from palm profile:

1. it retained your profile info/passowrds
    2. it retained the email account setup
    3. it retained installed apps
    4. it did not retain pictures (i had no music installed)
    5. it did not retain password info in 3rd party apps
    6. it did not retain system preferences: wallpaper, quick launch, launch order or setttings
    7. Did not retain wifi passwords
    8. You need to launch each app, as you did at setup to confirm the profile info
    9. Did not save text message history

So it doesn't retain data. And only some settings. So careful if you have music/pics/or SMS you want to save.
    Thanks! This is the exact question I was going to post. I went to the Sprint store today to exchange my Pre because of a small bubble at the edge of the screen. I thought they would ghost/clone my Pre from one device to another but was told that, no, I just restore from the Palm profile.

The store manager wasn't sure what would be restored. He actually called his tech support guy at the corporate/regional office and was told that it restored "everything". I asked about my pictures and MP3s and notes and he said "everything" -- but that just didn't sound right so I decided to wait. Glad I did.

I think I can live with this one small bubble, and if more form I at least will know what to take care of before I replace it.
  4.    #4  
    Ack!! It stopped working again today so I am going for an exchange today!
    We REALLY need a good backup program!!!!!!!

I am now wondering what will be restored with my ClassicApps! If Clasic installes the .prc and .pdb files to the Pre's internal memory will all my installed Classic programs go away now? Do I have to re-install all of that?

I backed up everything from the USB drive mode.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I had to reinstall all my classic apps : (
    How long does it take to restore everything, like contacts? I had to exhange my Pre today and the Sprint guy said it takes up to 8 hours. Is this true?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    It did not take 8 hours for me.. think how long it took for your Pre to originally sync up the accounts, and it would be equal to that. 2 hours tops, I'd say. It did take the longest to sync up my google/gmail account contacts, though.

Also of note, it does NOT sync the contacts you manually linked. Bummer.