Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well my 3rd Pre is a success. Best Buy exchanged my 2nd Pre without hesitation. They just wanted to make sure I was happy. No dead pixel like my first Pre and the gaps on the side and Oreo effect is minimal. I understand there needs to be a slight wiggle to precent cracking but the 2nd Pre I had was ridiculously had. The center button was also too flushed in the gesture area. My 3rd Pre looks slick and is in great shape. Last night I had some issues with downloading my apps back on and syncing because I kept getting 1x connection and no 3g. I was thinking not another issue. Turns out a tower was down for maintenance so it's all good. Now my Pre is running smooth and back in order. Because I did a partial reset last night thinking something was wrong with the phone and didn't know about the tower I lost my homebrew apps and my phone is already updated to 1.0.4. Boooo...thats the only downside. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    My original Pre was fine with the exception of 1 tiny dead pixel. Mechanically/hardwise it was flawless. That dead pixel really got my nerve so I went to Best Buy and they exchanged my Pre no questions asked. Sooo now my new Pre seems to be faster with much better battery life however there are more problems than my original Pre. There is now a gap on the sides in between the top and bottom part of the phone that come together which causes the parts to wiggle side to side more than it should. It's bad and then the power button doesn't feel crisp as it feels stuck and sloppy. The center button is more flushed than it should be. When I slide out the keyboard I feel something scraping inside. This sucks cause the software seems faster and more efficient than my original Pre so now I gotta go back to Best Buy and return it for another Pre. I'm not upset but it's a bit annoying. I understand there would be quality control issues but I'm not giving up just yet.
    Are you too young to know who Felix Unger is?
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    What?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Burnt meat!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ...have you noticed a difference in speed? I exchanged mine - I now have perfect hardware, but I have noticed that this unit is significantly slower at everything, than my launch day unit. From bringing up apps like the camera, app catalog, etc., do responding to strokes, you name it.

Anyone else?
    i noticed that one mine today aswell when i barely came out of the store. But now it's working as normal. Maybe it's slow at first cause your sprint info is being ported in the background
    Haven't noticed any speed difference. However phone does feel more stable and the screen isn't as loose as my first one. My first one would power off at random times. Other than that everything seems the same.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Maybe needs a reset?
    hahahahahahaha
    how are people returning their damn pre's? I tried returning my pre to two sprint stores and they gave me the BS response "the wobble is normal and expected."
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    that is horrible, I tried to return my pre today at a Sprint store and got the huge run around. Same as you, TVMA, and I went from being polite to being major *** to them. I got the same response, "the phone works, and that wobble is normal". I had to point out that I had my wifes with me which doesn't have the wobble. Oh, and their two store demo's didn't have the wobble. They didn't budge!

Oh well, I contacted sprint directly and they are sending me one RMA.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I exchanged my first Pre (purchased on launch day) less than a week after I got it. I had dead pixels and the phone crashed ofton when I would close the slider

My new Pre (sunset backround on the front of the box) has has no hardware issues.

Hopefully Palm can make the same improvements with the software that they have with the hardware
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    how are people returning their damn pre's? I tried returning my pre to two sprint stores and they gave me the BS response "the wobble is normal and expected."
    it depends. since it is a slider, some give IS expected.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123