Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It backs up things like contacts, installed apps. I lost some ringtones, pictures I had taken, and some wallpaper pictures I had installed. Fortunately I had most everything saved on my laptop so when I got home I just put the ringtones and wallpaper pictures in the new phone in a matter of minutes and was back in business.
    Before you exchange be sure to manually sync calendars and contacts just in case but you shouldn't have a problem
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    One thing I was disappointed to see wasn't backed up (I did a complete reset just to see how it works) is messaging conversations. I'd love to see those added to backup or another way to save them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Exchanged mine yesterday with no fee. However they told me I only get 1 exchange and then after that I have to take if to a repair center for further help.
    I had to exchange mine and the only problem I had , after I got home I got online and went to sprint account to make sure everything was right and it wasnt , they charge me $18 + tax for upgrade activation fee , lol, I was a little upset and had to call and go through the BS to get it removed
    Janamba: they said that 2 me also...but that's BS! If you have an OEM/software issue the will swap it the same way.
    I exchanged mine at Best Buy (where I purchased it) and they just awapped it out for a new one. No fee or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiWolverine96 View Post
    Janamba: they said that 2 me also...but that's BS! If you have an OEM/software issue the will swap it the same way.
    I got mine taken off, Its just there way of trying to get some more money from us and I think it BS as we'll
    Meh had mine exchanged at BB the same day I got it. The earpiece and speaker were broken out of the box. Was no charge although they did the webos Doctor before doing the exchange to attempt to fix the old one... I did however get to keep all the cables and charger, which I promptly used to install the touchstone in my car and at the house.
    Ok, so at the very least they should exchange this at least this one time for free, the rep said something along the lines ( ok looks like you have TEP, bla,bla ,bla) so after that I'm thinking she's not expecting me to pay for this is she, I didn't do anything the darn thing just started cracking. Thanks for the replies.
    On my 5th now. The store has been helpful and didn't give me any hassles. 2 of the phones had screen bubbles out of the box.
    My original Pre was fine with the exception of 1 tiny dead pixel. Mechanically/hardwise it was flawless. That dead pixel really got my nerve so I went to Best Buy and they exchanged my Pre no questions asked. Sooo now my new Pre seems to be faster with much better battery life however there are more problems than my original Pre. There is now a gap on the sides in between the top and bottom part of the phone that come together which causes the parts to wiggle side to side more than it should. It's bad and then the power button doesn't feel crisp as it feels stuck and sloppy. The center button is more flushed than it should be. When I slide out the keyboard I feel something scraping inside. This sucks cause the software seems faster and more efficient than my original Pre so now I gotta go back to Best Buy and return it for another Pre. I'm not upset but it's a bit annoying. I understand there would be quality control issues but I'm not giving up just yet.
    Sucks for you NIO Exchanged mine last night as you know and its FLAWLESS
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    Sucks for you NIO Exchanged mine last night as you know and its FLAWLESS
    Punk!
    Same history I have with the pre.... I'm on my third now and the slider is better but I have two dead pixels. You should have dealt with them, better than crappy hardware. Exchange it again and make them pick out a good one before they turn it on and activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Same history I have with the pre.... I'm on my third now and the slider is better but I have two dead pixels. You should have dealt with them, better than crappy hardware. Exchange it again and make them pick out a good one before they turn it on and activate it.
    It was the last one and Best Buy was already closing so it was my fault for not fully inspecting it right there. This is on me. Now I'll go right after work to a different Best Buy and get a good one.
    I assume you have the best buy protection plan? How much was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    I assume you have the best buy protection plan? How much was it?
    No I don't. As long as it's within 30 days you can exchange the phone.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My first one had an issue with the Wi-Fi connection. It would bounce all over the place even while sitting right in front of the router. I had to return it at best buy since they did not know when they were getting more in and I went to the sprint store across the street. Now the one I have has a dead pixel and the keyboard part wobbles when tucked away. Other than that it is fine. I want to switch it out, but I think I may wait a couple of more weeks before I do. Hopefully they will make some manufacturing changes.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Good luck getting a new one, I hope you can find a good one. I'm picking one up tonight at a Sprint store, and I plan on inspecting every inch of the thing before they activate it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast