Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    First off let me start by saying software wise.. I love everything about this phone. It's versatility and ease of use is absolutely amazing. I was very pleased up until about a week ago. I had read numerous threads on all these malfunctions/cracked screens/ discolorations etc.. My phone had none of these so I figured people were just having bad luck.

Well this past week a bubble emerged under my screen. Sure enough a few days later several more appeared and they grew in size. I went into the Sprint store and put my name down for an exchange when the next shipment comes in. So today I'm trying to respond to an email on my phone when low and behold... my keyboard fails. I tried restarting and it still will not work.

I could care less if Palm goes under at this point. You put out a crappy product, you pay the price.

That is all... just venting
  2. ooc
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Oh, thank God you made a thread about your broken Pre. HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUYS PRE IS BROKEN!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yup and have fun. Yours will surely break soon as well.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Haha, "surely".
  5. ooc
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Maybe, who knows? I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to make a thread and whine like a baby about it.
    That sucks Hope your next Pre is more reliable.
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    Haha, "surely".
    its destiny isnt it?

but in all seriousness sorry OP theres a decent bit of deffects out and about dont bother contact palm..just go back to the store you got it from and they'll exchange it
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    The title of your thread needs to be changed to YOUR pre is crap... mine is just great and works perfectly

haha
    The Pre does WORK
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seespotsave45 View Post
    The title of your thread needs to be changed to YOUR pre is crap... mine is just great and works perfectly

haha
    I lol'd at this
    3 posts = viral marketing (hi apple)
    Well, in all fairness to the OP, I can feel his pain. I LOVE this phone and I LOVE the OS. But I am on my third Pre and still holding out hope that it will last 12 months until I can upgrade to the next one! I am worried as to whether or not it will make it.

FYI, 1st one - dead microphone. Second one - keyboard died, just like the OP's. Third one OK so far.

All three had the wobbly slider - guess that's just the nature of the beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidT. View Post
    That sucks Hope your next Pre is more reliable.
    I don't think he's getting another Pre
    My keyboard just died as well. A reboot did not fix it but I just tried pulling the battery and low and behold it is working now!!!

Did you try this?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    its destiny isnt it?

It is written in the stars... lol
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Get a dumb phone and be happy. Also move to the dumb phone forums.
    Get an iPhone already, since there's no keyboard to worry about!
    First off let me start by saying software wise.. I love everything about this phone. It's versatility and ease of use is absolutely amazing. I was very pleased up until about a week ago. I had read numerous threads on all these malfunctions/cracked screens/ discolorations etc.. My phone had none of these so I figured people were just having bad luck.

Well this past week a bubble emerged under my screen. Sure enough a few days later several more appeared and they grew in size. I went into the Sprint store and put my name down for an exchange when the next shipment comes in. So today I'm trying to respond to an email on my phone when low and behold... my keyboard fails. I tried restarting and it still will not work.

I could care less if Palm goes under at this point. You put out a crappy product, you pay the price.

That is all... just venting

Just so you know for future reference. Your experience constitues EXACTLY a sample size of one. A sample of one is not sufficiently "large and varied" for you to conclude anything at all about all Palm Pre phones. The only thing you know for a fact is that your one single phone is defective. Reasoning from sample sets too small and/or insufficiently varied is a form of fallacious reasoning called Hasty Generalization.

Had you, for example, sampled 100 phones and discovered that 5 of them were defective, you would then have some evidence to back a claim that approximately 5% of phones are defective. Though even given such evidence you would still need to consider if your sample of 100 phones is from many different batches and not just one particular batch which happened to have a large number of defects. (this constitues the 'varied' part of the requirement in a "large and varied" sample).

May your future uses of reasoning by Statistical Generalization be far more successful.

Thank you and please return to your regularly scheduled irrational musings.
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre since 6/6/09, and it works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by seespotsave45 View Post

haha
    NICE - haha
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My bad bros, wasn't trying to be a little b**** about it. It's just really frustrating when you finally find a phone you're happy with and it completely goes to crap. Then will all of the threads about people on their 4th and 5th Pre's you start to wonder if this phone will hold up regardless.

I'm definitely sticking to the Pre and I hope my 2nd one works out well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast