Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Who gets a colony of bubbles under their screen?

I work with mobile electronics and I've never seen that...must be a user error..like liquid damage
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    My keyboard just died as well. A reboot did not fix it but I just tried pulling the battery and low and behold it is working now!!!

Did you try this?
    I had the same experience as 1Paladin. My keyboard died and rebooting did not help. After I pulled the battery, the keyboard was working fine again.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    My bad bros, wasn't trying to be a little b**** about it. It's just really frustrating when you finally find a phone you're happy with and it completely goes to crap. Then will all of the threads about people on their 4th and 5th Pre's you start to wonder if this phone will hold up regardless.

I'm definitely sticking to the Pre and I hope my 2nd one works out well.
    hang in there, we're all beta testers right now. (more)good things are coming.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooc View Post
    oh, thank god you made a thread about your broken pre. Hey everyone, this guys pre is broken!
    rotflmao!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    My bad bros, wasn't trying to be a little b**** about it. It's just really frustrating when you finally find a phone you're happy with and it completely goes to crap. Then will all of the threads about people on their 4th and 5th Pre's you start to wonder if this phone will hold up regardless.

I'm definitely sticking to the Pre and I hope my 2nd one works out well.
    What, pray tell, are you apologizing for? Let me see if I understand...

You had an issue with your phone.
    You posted about said issue on a place where people with the same phone gather.
    You got treated like you kicked your friend's puppy, slept with his mother, and turned his father gay- all in the same day.

I don't get it... Yes, there are a lot of "I'm having an issue" threads out there- shouldn't that tell people something? I personally love my Pre, but I'm having issues, too. Knowing about as many as I can, helps me when I deal with Palm/Sprint, and I'm pretty certain that it helps them too. Palm has intimated to me that they peruse these forums as well as their own official one, and obviously, they can't fix them unless they know about them.

Maybe there should be a "Palm Pre Issues" forum, in addition to the "Perfect Palm Pre" forum that the people who lambast you and other people who post about their issues can go. I wonder though... which one would have more posts?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hi everyone, Why not let him vent? Seems like that is what he wanted to do.
    By the way I love my PRE. Sold my and my wife's Iphones, 650 for the pair. ported to Sprint and bought 2 Pres - cheaper service, I prefer the phones. and the 650 paid for the new pre's and my cancellation contract fees.... (-:

But - I'm on my 3rd Pre in 2 weeks!! - Keyboard died on mine. Took it back got it replaced.
    Yesterday, I had trouble with the keyboard again. Seemed like the system got hung up and was responding really slowly. Powered off and restarted - had to wait about 20 minutes for the phone to respond to my power off keypress. Still the same. Opened the back jiggled the battery a little. Put the back on and squeezed the phone lightly Restarted and all is good again.

I think there is some kind of bad connection issue with the keyboard.

I am keeping a close eye on it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndawes View Post
    ...Opened the back jiggled the battery a little. Put the back on and squeezed the phone lightly...
    there was an article here a lil while back regarding the loose battery issue. a tiny piece of paper wedged in solved the issue i believe. search around for that article. i've never had any probs with the battery tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post

I work with mobile electronics and I've never seen that...must be a user error..like liquid damage
    Actually, this has been reported by many users. I haven't seen this issue myself, but I believe the reports of those other users here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LACienega View Post

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Actually, this has been reported by many users. I haven't seen this issue myself, but I believe the reports of those other users here.
    Actually, I am wondering what this is myself. "Bubbles" - it would seem to me are either there or not there all along. How does it get worse? Is there some separation in the screen layers??
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Yup and have fun. Yours will surely break soon as well.
    Good thing I got that good ole year manufacturing warranty! Ohh yeah, and insurance after that...
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooc View Post
    Oh, thank God you made a thread about your broken Pre. HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUYS PRE IS BROKEN!

I hate that he is having problems with his phone. But that is funny, I don't care who you are.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I've had my Pre since 6/6/09, and it works like a champ.
    +1. A few small hiccups here and there. Nothing to get me all that frustrated knock on wood).
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I've gone through 2 Pre's so far and on my 3rd one... but sadly after I got the first one I was hooked to the OS and refuse to go back to my old Palm Centro, or anything else for that matter.

My first Pre = Huge blotches on the screen
    Second Pre = Screen had so much play you could turn it a good 5 degrees. Along with that the screen had a huge gap between the screen and the slider causing the phone to make a clicking nose everytime you touched the screen to do anything.

My third Pre, while it isn't problem free, is the best so far. The screen has no wobble, feels solid with no clicking noises, and while when you put the phone on the charger and it warms up you can see a SLIGHT bit of blotchiness and discoloration, almost 95% of it goes away once its off the charger and the phone cools.

I am sticking with this one since all the one I've had so far have had some sort of minor issue, this being the easiest to live with.

My 30 day warranty was renewed when I got my current Pre so hopefully within that nothing else goes bad, and even then you still have a 1 year man. warranty.

All in all, I am very happy with the Pre and love the WebOS system. I hope it helps palm get out of the toliet so they can continue to make devices of this caliber, and in the future make the next iteration of the Pre feel as good as Treo Pro... oh yeah and get rid of the damn slider keyboard. It was a huge selling point for me, but not that I realized it causes the phone to have that slightly loose feeling.. i rather type on screen.
    My keyboard is acting up again and I am going to exchange it. You know what, the damn phone is worth it!!!!!!!!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Dud, that sucks! I'm returning my Pre right now!!!
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Be thankful the device isn't overheating enough to turn your phone from white to brown. (Like the THIRD-GENERATION iPhone 3GS does).
    hey... thanks to all for the battery tip. my keyboard went out about an hour ago. was just about to play "see how far i can throw my new gadget". now it works great.

btw... i can throw an ipod about 30 feet... probably more if there isn't in the way.
    First off let me start by saying software wise.. I love everything about this phone. It's versatility and ease of use is absolutely amazing. I was very pleased up until about a week ago. I had read numerous threads on all these malfunctions/cracked screens/ discolorations etc.. My phone had none of these so I figured people were just having bad luck.

Well this past week a bubble emerged under my screen. Sure enough a few days later several more appeared and they grew in size. I went into the Sprint store and put my name down for an exchange when the next shipment comes in. So today I'm trying to respond to an email on my phone when low and behold... my keyboard fails. I tried restarting and it still will not work.

I could care less if Palm goes under at this point. You put out a crappy product, you pay the price.

That is all... just venting

The keyboard was the major reason I return the phone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    The keyboard was the major reason I return the phone!!
    I could care less too.

( I think this was meant for LEED3D though. I may have replied to the wrong poster. )
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The keyboard didn't bother me much since I had come from a Blackberry Pearl and Nokia E71. However, after having the Curve I'm sorta thinking the keyboard was a crappy one. I'm never going to do without a decent sized set of keys again.

Candybar form factor all the way for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast