1.    #1  
    *THIS PHONE IS NEW

everyone is playing with it all day long, exploring the phone and using it. that drains the battery. once you are comfortable with the product and are only turning it on when need be your battery life will extend.

when my gf got her iphone she was charging it 3 times a day, she had it on all day putzing with it.
    when i got a centro it barely lasted me to 2pm on a full charge, towards the end i charged it every 3 days.

give it time.
    I've left my phone in my pocket all day at work and it was dead before I left. These battery issues aren't like the normal "newness" battery issues. The phone is chewing through its battery way too quickly.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I've left my phone in my pocket all day at work and it was dead before I left. These battery issues aren't like the normal "newness" battery issues. The phone is chewing through its battery way too quickly.
    eh.. i play with it all day long.. FB chat at work.. i leave my house at 7am, get back at 6pm.. it lasts that length of time. again if you aren't a meth adict the battery life is fine, everyone has to sleep. charge it then.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    It's 1PM Thursday afternoon and I took my Pre off the charger Wednesday morning @ 8am. I still have 50% left. A couple of phone calls, a couple of dozen msgs, and normal usage of emails and WEB access. So what's not to like? Battery life seems great to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    It's 1PM Thursday afternoon and I took my Pre off the charger Wednesday morning @ 8am. I still have 50% left. A couple of phone calls, a couple of dozen msgs, and normal usage of emails and WEB access. So what's not to like? Battery life seems great to me.
    If you haven't already, go answer the poll I posted this morning. You'd be in the "my Pre lasts 16-20 hours" group, while there's a whole contingent who are getting much closer to 8-10 hours. If that's true, it gives us a data point to take to Palm to look for a solution.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have only charged my battery once since I got it on launch day! it's just now at 99%. I have made 1642 phone calls and used over 150MB of data. ... oh yeah, it's been plugged into the charger the entire time
    I can't believe how many people here use the flawed logic "well it works fine for me therefore you couldn't possibly be having any problems." I mean are these people joking? Or are they really that... umm... what's a polite word for stupid?
    I noticed today that the app WHERE seems to affect my battery life alot. The reason I say that is because I think where is always trying to keep a GPS lock on you so it drains the battery life quick. I just kept the GPS off and now my battery life is a lot better.

I even got rid of WHERE and kept GPS on and it seems to be doing really good too. I think some programs might always track your where abouts and therefore cause a huge strain. Just a thought, test it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If you haven't already, go answer the poll I posted this morning. You'd be in the "my Pre lasts 16-20 hours" group, while there's a whole contingent who are getting much closer to 8-10 hours. If that's true, it gives us a data point to take to Palm to look for a solution.
    Thats great and all but what if it isnt palms problem?

What if it is just uninformed pre users doing things wrong to drain the battery

There are TONS of threads here with battery saving SOLUTIONS, which from the sounds of it these people DONT read, I was in the 5 hour group until I read these and now I get 20+ hours

1. Turn off gps and location services when not in use, this is HUGE, you may thing its a pain to turn them on when needed, BUT the program will prompt you with "yes or no" to turn the gps on for this particular app when you run it. This is a MUST

2. Dont use hotmail, its broke

3. Adjust your email settings to your needs, push or check every hour, minimize it if possible

4. Turn the brightness down and put it on 30 sec shutoff, the screen is still super bright for me on the lowest setting

5. Running 7 apps at once will drain your battery..well almost 7 times as fast, keep this in mind and only use the number of applications you can reasonably shuffle through and utilize

6. As mentioned before my post BE AWARE of programs that MIGHT be running even when they are not opened, this is especially true in this beginning phase. Some programs by being installed will drain your battery, be sure to KNOW about the app and its problems BEFORE installing

7. Turn wifi on when you are in a zone, make sure it is off when you are not on in one

There are MANY more, probably upwards of 50+ ways, these ones that I listed give you the biggest bang for your buck. Please use the search
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    7. Turn wifi on when you are in a zone, make sure it is off when you are not on in one
    Counterintuitively, this advice is actually incorrect. From my personal experience and that of other posters on this board, leaving Wifi ON all of the time seems to save battery power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    What if it is just uninformed pre users doing things wrong to drain the battery

There are TONS of threads here with battery saving SOLUTIONS, which from the sounds of it these people DONT read, I was in the 5 hour group until I read these and now I get 20+ hours

There are MANY more, probably upwards of 50+ ways, these ones that I listed give you the biggest bang for your buck. Please use the search
    Presumptuous much?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I can't believe how many people here use the flawed logic "well it works fine for me therefore you couldn't possibly be having any problems." I mean are these people joking? Or are they really that... umm... what's a polite word for stupid?
    I can't believe how many people here use the flawed logic "somebody is having a problem therefore the phone is crap." I mean are these people joking? Or are they really that... umm... what's a polite word for stupid?

Seems to be the same people on a regular basis, too. Like all they want to hear is the negative.

If you read through the tens of thousands of individual battery threads, you'll find that most of the people who were having serious battery issues have found that battery life has improved over time, and/or that there were adjustments they could make (which may be found in one of the other ten thousand battery threads) to make it workable.

The first couple of days I had my Pre, I could barely get through a day on a charge. Now, I don't even think about the battery or charger all day. I guess that makes me stupid.
    negative. i am a heavy user.
    I took my phone off the charger yesterday @ 8:30 am. This morning I still had battery 48%. I had to play with it to get it down to 28% percent so I could put it on another charge cycle. Right now its @ 78% and I'm running pandora to run the battery down some more.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My experience: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1666952

It worked for me, and it worked for a couple other people as well. There are problems out there with batteries, but I believe you can make it better.
    My Palm Pre can power my artificial heart for over 50 lifetimes. Or, something really big for 15 minutes...