View Poll Results: What is your battery's discharge rate?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • I get 8-10 hours of battery life, so a roughly 10%/hour discharge rate.

76 37.81%
  • I get 16-20 hours of battery life, so a roughly 5%/hour discharge rate.

88 43.78%
  • I get less than 8 hours or more than 20 hours of battery life.

37 18.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    More than 20 hours with moderate usage and the extended 1350mah battery.
    ok i was losing 10% or more IDLE per hour..i had did 2 charges. one from 20%, and another from 5%.

yesterday i let the battery drain to 0% and the phone turned off. then recharged it all the way back to 100% overnight.

as of right now it's been off the charger for about an hour and have only lost about 3-4%.

i will continue to monitor and post here.
    nvm scratch that.

i have lost 25% since 8am (about 2.5 hrs) and i have did nothing on the phone. 1 txt and turned on the screen to look at battery %. i even switched it to airplane mode for about 30 mins and didnt see much change. i removed my gmail account and reset the phone still same drainage.

on an unrelated note: can the pre send it's contacts via bluetooth to a standard phone?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndnguy85 View Post
    on an unrelated note: can the pre send it's contacts via bluetooth to a standard phone?
    I don't think so, but if you keep this question here it'll probably be lost. I'd find another thread that's related or make a new one asking the question.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    After I turn off the GPS the battery life is allot better.It was 100% when i disconnected last night at 10pm i make a few short phone calls quite few test messages ,and browse the internet for few minutes.now is 3pm next day and i do still have 74% is allot better now.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My battery life varies greatly on signal strength. I'll lose 1% per 10 minutes if I'm in digital roaming, or the phone will last for hours with heavy web browsing use in a good signal area or wifi.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    And I have 2 Pre's with different configs (1 uses EAS, the other just Hotmail), and 5 batteries (in order to make it through just 1 full day if I do not have access to my touchstones).

Both Pre's drain super fast with what I would deem to be light usage (1 5-10 minute call per hour) and email. That's it.

Both were bought from the same store. I am going to exchange 1 of them at a different store to see if there is any difference (such as a bad lot) or such.

Also, these 2 Pre's are constantly fluctuating in signal bars and between EvDo and 1X. Even though my 800w and broadband cards are sitting rock solid at 5 bars. The 1.03 update did not help in any fashion.

Battery, "real" cut/copy/paste, and Support for Memo sync in EAS are my big 3 dissapointments with the Pre - but, still too in love with it to part ways!

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    If I don't use the phone, I get a drain of 2% an hour (roughly 3 days of battery). Moderate usage, I'd say I get over 20+ hours.
    Same for me.
    I all gps services turned off, no google talk or AIM, screen turned down, one gmail account to push, one earthlink set to check every six hours, i have followed every bit of advice I could scrounge from the internet and I still lose six or seven percent and hour with the phone on standby. It dosnt heat up too bad and charging is relativly quick. I love this phone, absolutly love it, but without a decent battery charge, i just dont know.
    Okay, I think I'm seeing much better battery life with location services turned off, gps on (shouldn't matter if I'm not using it since location services are off), and google background off, but I suspect it's just the google background. I did do less browsimg today, but right now I'm at 15 hours off the charger sitting at 42%, which is more like 5% per hour. Not a typical day for me, though, so I'll have to see what it looks like tomorrow.

I suspect the google background service is the main culprit. I'd like to turn location services back on as there seems to be a Sprint Nav bug where it doesn't pick up GPS unless the service is already on when it launches.
    I cant believe it but I actually fixed my battery drain issue! I had 7% an hour drain with everything turned off, every tip followed to the extreme. I had two email accounts, a gmail set to push and an earthlink set to check every six hours. The earthlink was POP and therefore has no option to get email as it arrives. I deleted the earthlink account and BAM, problem fixed. Its been an hour and a half and Ive only lost 2%! Please give this a shot: delete any account that cant "push" email and see what happens, let me know if this helped anyone.
    Wanted to add that since my earthlink delete the battery has been great. With light/moderate use I get about 30 hours before I need to recharge.
    had the phone less then a week, so i willait to vote. But i am Getting TERRIBLE battery life. yesterday m phone dies While charging (Usb charge). It was looking for service.

by 12 nonn 2 days ago my phone was Dead. gone. had 4 cards open. Wifi on. I got alo of Text messages during the day, not sure if that did it.

today i;ve had the phoen plugged in all day. I can;t tkae the chance of my phoen dying again. over the weekend I'm going to leave it off the charger and see what happens
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  14. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My battery life is absolutely terrible compared to my fiance's (hers is newer than mine by about 3 weeks or so) even with the same usage, settings, everything. I'm just wondering if it's my phone or the battery? If it's the battery then I'll just get the larger one from Seido but I'm afraid it's the phone since I got it on launch day.
    I get around 2 days worth of battery life with cpu-scaling enabled.
    wow i am lucky to get 4 hours of use.

how u guys get 10+ is beyond me
  17.    #57  
    First, it's fascinating that over 80% of respondents fall into one of two camps: 5%/hour or 10%/hour discharge rate. These polls aren't scientific, but that's still an interesting finding. Really wonder if there isn't some physical difference between two groups of devices, or if there are two groups that use their Pre in certain ways.

Hmm...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon84 View Post
    I cant believe it but I actually fixed my battery drain issue! I had 7% an hour drain with everything turned off, every tip followed to the extreme. I had two email accounts, a gmail set to push and an earthlink set to check every six hours. The earthlink was POP and therefore has no option to get email as it arrives. I deleted the earthlink account and BAM, problem fixed. Its been an hour and a half and Ive only lost 2%! Please give this a shot: delete any account that cant "push" email and see what happens, let me know if this helped anyone.
    Trying this now, I'll report back after I've had a chance to evaluate.
    i think my numbers are totally upto what i do.. yesterday i looked @ a couple of utube videos, a number of emails and made plenty of calls, after 9 hours i was @ 20% but on a day that i only do twitter a few pics and maybe 1 video and surfing after 9 hours i'll be sitting 40-60%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon84 View Post
    I believe that is one of the email bugs... i have 2 pop accounts set up to check every 6 hours and i'll be darn if email notifications don't come up about every 2 hours if not every hour
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast