1.    #1  
    I bought a new Pre on ebay (reputable seller, good feedback from people who bought pre's from them, got through paypal for buyer protection, yadda yadda yadda). I had to buy from ebay because I refuse to pay $600 (including activation) and Sprint refuses to give me a discounted price (refuse to allow me to cancel my contract and sign a new one to get a pre for $370).

Anyways, I should be getting the Pre in a few days and I just had a thought. Does anyone know if sprint gives the TES ($7 a month) insurance for phones not bought from sprint?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Does anyone know if sprint gives the TES ($7 a month) insurance for phones not bought from sprint?
    My understanding is no.

However in this situation the only Pre that are for sale right now are shipped configured to be activated on the Sprint Network (assuming everything is on the up and up). So perhaps there is a chance for you..........call Sprint and they will be able to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Anyways, I should be getting the Pre in a few days and I just had a thought. Does anyone know if sprint gives the TES ($7 a month) insurance for phones not bought from sprint?

Thanks.
    Their website doesn't say for sure one way or the other, but seems to imply that they would.

TEP enrollment options include:
    • TEP can be added within 30 days of activation or upgrade or ESN swap.
    • A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in TEP at the time of a paid or in-warranty store repair.
    • You can add TEP at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like
  4. ooc
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The rep told me I could take the insurance off my plan online. Maybe you could add it online too?
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    it can be added to any phone bought anywhere within 30 days of purchase
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  6.    #6  
    Yeah that wording seems to indicate I can. I'll ask about it when I call to activate it. Thanks!
    I think you can even add it to a used phone that is new to you. A lady I work with was given a well used pearl from a family member. She used it two weeks and called about some problems with it and they sent her a new(refurbished) replacement free of charge. My guess is they just signed her up for TEP then filed a claim. She has no idea what they did, just happy to have a new phone.