Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    I'm an 80's child!

Madonna (dance/pop)
    Tears for Fears (totally 80s)
    The Verve (indie/adult alternative)
    Me too! Great channels!
    So, I am new to Pandora and I like it so far. But I see that many of you have multiple channels. Does it merge all content from those channels (ex. plays a song from 80's, a song from 70's, and a song from 60's without you swtiching streams) or do you have to switch between all of them?
    i love pandora.

i have

mos def
    U2
    lenny kravitz
    tiesto
    bob marley

only thing that sucks is i work out in the basement of our building and there no signal. ahhhhhh no pandora there.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Nice!!

Club music/channels I have are Mark Farina and Armand Van Helden! Excellent channels!
    Well, not techno, but that's fine.

Me, I'm a techno, minimal techno, tech-house and hard house kind of guy.

I've got Richie Hawtin, Magda, Marco Corola, Sandra Collins, Steve Lawler (who is sucking lately, by the way), Tiga, James Zabiela, Hernan Cattaneo, Kraftwerk (my roots!) and Daft Punk.

Besides that I have Offspring, Death Cab, Cardigans, Decemberists, Notorious BIG, Michael Jackson, Hot Hot Heat, Elastica...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So, I am new to Pandora and I like it so far. But I see that many of you have multiple channels. Does it merge all content from those channels (ex. plays a song from 80's, a song from 70's, and a song from 60's without you swtiching streams) or do you have to switch between all of them?
    No. You have to change channels.
    By the way, anyone who likes (real) Techno or Hard House and likes the idea of Electro but doesn't like it's 80's-ish kitsch, check out Tiga's Essential Mix from last month. Virtually the same set he played at Movement 2009 in Detroit and it is sick.
    You can also use the "quick mix" feature to play a mix from multiple stations that you created. Just log onto your pandora account from a computer and choose the stations that you want added to your quick mix (there is an option to select all stations, or you can select just a handful of stations if you want).
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It plays songs based on the artist/song you select so you'd have to change between the stations if you feel like a different genre. I haven't tried the quick mix which I'm wondering if that mixes up the stations so it creates something more random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    By the way, anyone who likes (real) Techno or Hard House and likes the idea of Electro but doesn't like it's 80's-ish kitsch, check out Tiga's Essential Mix from last month. Virtually the same set he played at Movement 2009 in Detroit and it is sick.
    Oh cool! I was at Movement 2008 and it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    No. You have to change channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    It plays songs based on the artist/song you select so you'd have to change between the stations if you feel like a different genre. I haven't tried the quick mix which I'm wondering if that mixes up the stations so it creates something more random.
    Thanks! They should allow you to make your own by adding artists/genres individually. That would be AWESOME! But it sounds like its like the Launchcast from Yahoo.

Good stuff, though!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    You can also use the "quick mix" feature to play a mix from multiple stations that you created. Just log onto your pandora account from a computer and choose the stations that you want added to your quick mix (there is an option to select all stations, or you can select just a handful of stations if you want).

didn't know about the "quick mix" option...thanks for sharing
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    I've created several channels at the prompting of friends, but the ones I made that get the most play time:

Orgy Radio
    NIN Radio
    Eels Radio (not so much for working out)

good call on orgy!
    gotta have my dr dre, madonna, linkin park, korn......
    For the gym, I have Tupac, David Banner, and Kanye West. It's kinda funny on the Tupac Radio, with all his songs, I didn't hear a single song by him through an entire hour long session on the eliptical.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Love this friggin app!

here are my stations so far

Pixies Radio
    Ting Tings Radio
    Moby Radio
    Lemon Jelly Radio
    MGMT Radio
    The Thermals Radio
    Old Crow Medicine Show Radio
    Phish Radio
    The Go! Team Radio
    The Chemical Bros. Radio

Hit QuickMix on that and KaBoom!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Gospel Explosion - Radical for Christ!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    For the gym, I have Tupac, David Banner, and Kanye West. It's kinda funny on the Tupac Radio, with all his songs, I didn't hear a single song by him through an entire hour long session on the eliptical.
    I think that Pandora might not have rights to all of the artists' music. So for certain artists, you might be able to add a station for them, but it will only play songs that are "similar" to those artists according to their algorithm.
    I have been adding bands to mine for years and when I go out I just run the quickmix. Tons of variety. I just wish there was a way to edit the quickmix from the Pre app. Haven't figured out how yet. I can still do it from my computer at least.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It's kinda funny on the Tupac Radio, with all his songs, I didn't hear a single song by him through an entire hour long session on the eliptical.
    Try Dr. Dre & Snoop. I heard two Tupac songs the other day
    ac/dc
    black eyes peas
    depeche mode
    techo
    I forgot to add my choices....Boyz II Men!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast