1.    #1  
    My 1st Pre would stay logged into my personal wifi network once the first connection was established but my 2nd and my Wife's Pre require constant manual connection. I have to look for my network, type in the password and then it connects but it won't look for my known network without me asking it to like my first Pre did. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Basically my wifi won't automatically connect to a previously know and used network and it disconnects from my network once the screen turns off. Annoying.
    Last edited by jbrowland; 06/25/2009 at 10:58 AM.
  2.    #2  
    anyone???
  3.    #3  
    could the airave be the culprit? some have complained that the airave messed up their wireless keyboards and wifi connections....hhhmmmmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    My 1st Pre would stay logged into my personal wifi network once the first connection was established but my 2nd and my Wife's Pre require constant manual connection. I have to look for my network, type in the password and then it connects but it won't look for my known network without me asking it to like my first Pre did. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Basically my wifi won't automatically connect to a previously know and used network and it disconnects from my network once the screen turns off. Annoying.
    This is just a thought, but try deleting the WiFi profile that's stored on your device. I've noticed on PC's that if I accidentally type in the wrong password, that is saved in the profile. It won't connect. Then I'm prompted for the password, and type in the correct password, it connects. Possibly the same thing is happening on your Pre.

Tap the WiFi icon, select WiFi in the dropdown, then WiFi Preferences. Tap the profile you want to delete, and select Forget Network. Then when it shows again, tap it and re-enter the information.
  5.    #5  
    Nice suggestion and thanks hparsons!

Nonetheless, it didn't work. Once the screen goes black I lose my network and it doesn't automatically find it or even notice it unless I ask it to hunt it down. I don't broadcast my wireless network name but my other Pre always automatically found it anyway once a connection was established....hmmm
  6.    #6  
    Okay I fixed it finally. Somehow my WEP key was turned off!!! WEP key now turned back on and all appears back to normal! I should have looked at this before but it seemed too obvious since it was working before.
    Hi, Does the Pre work on Wifi, (where available) for data for calls or both? Thank you, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, Does the Pre work on Wifi, (where available) for data for calls or both? Thank you, take care, Jay
    Only data and very well with wifi once you have your personal network set up properly. It's a Pre strong point actually IMHO.

If you are using wifi and get a call, no problem! Did that answer your question?

Basically, my problem was my fault in this case.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This just started happening to me today. Forgive me if this is a stupid question - but what is a WEP key - and how can I check to see if this is my problem as well?
    I hate those loggen problems!!!!!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I hate those loggen problems!!!!!
    I hate it when people point out typos because they can and do happen. Do people really feel like they are being witty or smarter when they do this? It's a waste of my time and yours. Wow, you caught a typo. Want a cookie?

Perhaps you were just being silly but really was it a needed and helpful thing to post? No.
    Last edited by jbrowland; 06/25/2009 at 10:10 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbates View Post
    This just started happening to me today. Forgive me if this is a stupid question - but what is a WEP key - and how can I check to see if this is my problem as well?
    This isn't something that can be quickly or easily explained but perhaps someone may try. Maybe mdmogren could post something useful in this thread? ()

In your case I suggest calling up tech support for your ISP and have them walk you through it. The process can vary depending on who your ISP is and what you are using. Basically you need to access your routers gateway and tweak your wireless settings and WEP key etc...

I have Verizon DSL and have always found their tech support to answer quickly and actually be able to solve most of my problems.

Good luck!
    I have a similar problem, but I have to type in the network SSID all each time along with all the other settings.