Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The phone hasn't been on sale 30 days yet, and you can always return it to Sprint for 30 days after purchase, so I'd say you are safe one way or the other. I'm pretty sure the Pre rebate does not expire until sometime in July.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    From Previous Experience with Sprint and rebates I got mine really quickly. If I remember I got mine in just under 10 weeks which I was expecting 4 months. Others Who got the instinct experienced the same rebate return as I did. I just do it a.s.a.p. then forget about it for a couple of months. By the way I am excited for what could be developed for this phone! Thank you palm!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    Where on the receipt does it say 20 days? I'm looking at mine and can't see it. Was just about to send in if thats true color me screwed to.
    I see it at the top of the mail-in rebate slip that has your address filled out and whatnot. Funny thing is on that same slip it talks about the offer being valid for purchases from April to June 6th? Weird wild stuff.

Vanadium --
    Thanks for the link. I'll give this a shot. I'd basically try anything anymore for $100.
    Mine says buy 6-4 to 7-11 and mail by 7-25 I didn't mail because I was waiting for my phone to be replaced, now waiting for my wifes to be replaced.

If yours expired try asking the store for the new form.

Has anyone checked their status after having their phone replaced?
    This is why I bought my phone at Best Buy. Mail in Rebates are just a big scheme for companies to sit on your money versus you getting to keep your money.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Yup. Got an email confirmation about the rebate and I can track it on line.
    Hmm, I never got an email confirmation. What's the URL for the site where you check the status of your rebate?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Hmm, I never got an email confirmation. What's the URL for the site where you check the status of your rebate?
    Sprint Rebates
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    should have gotten something like this:
    Dear Your name,

We have received your rebate submission for the purchase of a Sprint device.

Your rebate tracking number is: 123456789

To check your rebate status just click on
    http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/s...mber=123456789

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

If you have met all of the eligibility criteria documented on your rebate form, you will receive your rebate within 10-14 weeks.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,

Sprint
    Got mine on 6/25.

you can also check it here using your phone number:
    https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/

If they have received your form...
    I looked at my rebate status today and I have to tell you I was mad !!! It said I had been denied because I recieved a in store instant rebate !!!!

I called sprint they were very nice I only had to fax my reciept to them and they have now put a 100 dollar credit on my account yeah. !!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLARTACO3 View Post
    I looked at my rebate status today and I have to tell you I was mad !!! It said I had been denied because I recieved a in store instant rebate !!!!

I called sprint they were very nice I only had to fax my reciept to them and they have now put a 100 dollar credit on my account yeah. !!!!!!
    How much did you actually pay at the store? I show that Regular price was $549.99, and I had a 2 year upgrade discount of $250, so my account was charged $299. Then they said I am still eligible for the $100 mail in rebate, to make the total price paid $199.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John99GSX View Post
    you can also check it here using your phone number:
    https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/

If they have received your form...
    Awesome, thanks. It's at 58% so no worries.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    We have until July 25th, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    We have until July 25th, correct?

Yup!!
    Just an update for People that sent in their rebates first and then had to exchange their Pre's for any type of problem. I just talked to a Representative for Sprint Rebates, and he said that it doesn't matter if you exchange for another Pre or not. They just look at what phone you have activated. He said they don't have access to the esn numbers, just what type of phone. If you have a Pre active for 30 days, no matter how many times you have exchanged it, it will go through. He gave me his direct number and his ID if their were any problems.
    I checked my rebate status online on Saturday 06/27/2009 and It said it had been declined. Reason: they said they did not get a valid phone number. When I called they said they were not sure why it gave it a invalid and were unable to fully check due to their system. They guy I spoke with said he re-processed my rebate and it would be corrected.

Fast forward to today and still shows declined. I call back. They say Im not sure why the last guy didnt fully process your rebate. He quickly approved my rebate and said it should arrive within 15 days since Im a "preferred customer".

So sure enough I check online and it now shows approved and pending shipment. I just hope it actually comes. But in the end I guess it helped me because due to their error I should get my rebate faster than normal. My 30 days isnt up until July 10th. He said he waived that and just approved it. We'll see.
    I sent mine in and it says it was received on the 17th, and at 58%, 10 - 14 weeks.
    I've been waiting to send mine in to be sure I didn't to do an exchange...so all you need is the form and receipt - no label/barcode from the box, etc.?
    I just got CSR to credit me the $100 so I don't have to worry about mailing it in
    Quote Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
    I've been waiting to send mine in to be sure I didn't to do an exchange...so all you need is the form and receipt - no label/bar code from the box, etc.?
    No bar code. Just a copy of the receipt and the rebate form.
    I'm the same way with rebates .... either forget to do it or too lazy to deal with it. Thankfully when I bought my Pre the Sprint store had envelopes already addressed, they filled out the rebate form for me and stapled an extra copy of my receipt to the form. All I had to do was lick the flap closed and add a stamp. But it still took me almost 2 weeks to actually drop it in the mail.

I received an email saying they'd received my paperwork and it was being processed. It'll be nice when the check arrives.
    ~Pam
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast