1.    #1  
    Didnt see this mentioned before. After upgrading to 1.03 i noticed that when on a call. There is now a timer. I believe this wasnt available before, Right?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    what timer
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Call time is enabled by default with the 1.0.3 update.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    what timer
    Shows you how long you have been on the call
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    Shows you how long you have been on the call
    during the call you mean or after
    You mean it displays how long you are on a call while you are on the phone...that's been there from day one!

Still no duration in the call log, though.
    I'd like to see how long calls are in the history without having to root the phone...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You mean it displays how long you are on a call while you are on the phone...that's been there from day one!

Really i dont think it was. When i got my Pre i would look for how long ive been on hold with Sprint Didnt show anything.
    ^^ during only.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts

that's what I thought as well.
  11.    #11  
    Hmm my mistake then guys
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Call time is enabled by default with the 1.0.3 update.
    this was "enabled by default" from at least 1.0.2
    This thing makes phone calls too?!? WOW!!!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Hey, my phone now slides open and has a keyboard since the 1.0.3 update!

any way to see how many minutes i've used?
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    any way to see how many minutes i've used?
    Log onto Sprint.com or call *2

The mod is on the wiki if you want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I'd like to see how long calls are in the history without having to root the phone...
    You can't yet but it is very easy to modify the files...

From the wiki:

Show call duration in the call log

Sprint always customizes their phones to conceal call duration information. This avoids angry phone calls from confused customers who are surprised when their 1:01 phone call results in 2:00 minutes charged to their account. I can sympathize. However, I won't call complain, and I occasionally want to know how long a call was after the fact.

There is a system preference phoneAppHideCallDuration which appears to control this, but it merely provides a default value. The phone app caches the value and saves it as a cookie. As an exercise, I'll show you how to set the preference as well.

To set the phoneAppHideCallDuration preference:
    [user@linuxhost]$ ssh -p 222 palm-pre
    user@castle:~$ su
    root@castle:/home/user# luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"phoneAppHideCallDuration": false}'
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "returnValue": true }

Here we've used luna-send to broadcast a message requesting the systemservice to set a preference (I believe you can actually specify multiple preferences at once, the payload format is a json hashtable). Unfortunately, that only sets the default, so to actually see the change we need to update a cookie stored in the phone app. We'll do that now:
    root@castle:/home/user# cd /var/palm/data/
    root@castle:/var/palm/data# sqlite3 cookies.db
    SQLite version 3.6.1
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
    sqlite> update Cookies set value = "%220%22" where domain_head = ".usr.palm.applications.com.palm." and domain_tail = "app.phone" and path = "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone" and "name" = "mojo_cookie_hidecalllogduration";
    sqlite> .exit
    root@castle:/var/palm/data# exit
    user@castle:~$ exit
    Connection to palm-pre closed.

This time we've used sqlite3 to update the cookies database directly. The primary key of the Cookies table (in the cookies database) is (domain_head, domain_tail, path, name), we specify the full key, and update the value. Note the value field is always percent-encoded and in this case represents the string "0" (including the quotes). To see your changes, reboot your phone. I've been doing this by holding the power key and turning it off, though presumably a shutdown -r would work as well (I have not tried it though).

Note: if you are typing in the sql by hand, take care you get it correct. If you make a typo and the where portion does not match any records you will not get any feedback. To verify that your update was successful run the following SQL after your issue the update: select * from Cookies where domain_tail = "app.phone"
    pre dev wiki: Hidden Features
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  18. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I would like to do this but after killing my Pre by rooting and trying a complicated mod before, I am planning on sticking to the really simple mods, like those that simply involve commenting or uncommenting lines, or maybe just a little more. This one is clearly not THAT simple but doesn't look that bad. Is it possible that there is, or could be, a tutorial like the one for adding launcher pages, something a little more step by step than these? Thanks!