Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From the main page.

http://www.precentral.net/doubletwis...-transparently

This looks like just what I've been hoping for. Now my question is how do I get the music off of the Pre that iTunes put on there already?
    looks like it's just drag and drop in reverse, at least that's what I got from the review on the main page. I'll have to DL and try it when I get home
  3.    #3  
    I figured it out. Just go into iTunes and change it to so the Pre doesn't sync with iTunes anymore. It removes all of the media iTunes put on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    DoubleTwist may be great down the road, but it's not now. For one- it doesn't transfer album art (unless it's actually embedded in the ID3 tag- something that iTunes doesn't do anymore unless you force it to). For two- like the article said, it doesn't utilize playlists, making it almost worthless if you use playlists.

Close, but not quite there yet.
    I can see all my music, but videos that I have in Itunes are not there. It is missing a few things.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    what is so hard about just drag and dropping with windows explorer?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizteD25 View Post
    Nothing "hard" per-se. It's about convenience. I would prefer to have a media player on my laptop that reflects what I have on my Pre and it automatically synchronize the files when connected. iTunes does this but in a way that is convoluted and annoying for those of us who like transparency.

Dragging and dropping media files with Windows Explorer is a heck of a lot of clicks every time you want to synchronize.
    the way i figured out how to do it was.. connect the pre to the pc via usb. then open the pre. on the windows explorer menu at the top, click tools, then folder options. you need have checked view hidden files and folders. once you do that, you will see some folders that are faded... you will have to delete the one that has all the itunes music and album covers on them. then your good to go.
    I like it, it's simple and efficient. hopefully they update it further down the road but for now it is a great start.
  10.    #10  
    I just noticed about the album art. I hope they find a way to export that.
    I unchecked the sync in iTunes and it claimed that all music on the Pre would be removed and nothing happened. What the...?
    drag and drop for audio, imho. HOWEVER, DoubleTwist auto converts videos to the format and res that the Pre likes. I use it for converting videos on the rare occasion that I do it.
    lol, I thought this was another thread about "oreo twist"

........ well my pre is so bad it has a double-twist .......
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I tried DoubleTwist and didn't like it. I'm on Songbird now.
    I just tried doubletwist and it didn't work. I loaded like 500 songs on my Pre(which took forever and a lot of guessing when it was actually finished) But when it was done my Pre detected no songs, so I uninstalled DOubletwist and deleted the iPod_Control folder and DoubleTwist folder on the pre and now my iTunes won't detect my Pre as an anything.

Anyone know how to fix this?

--------------Edit----------------
    Nevermind on the fix, I rebooted PC and Pre and now iTunes detects Pre again. But gonna avoid DoubleTwist after that failure of a sync.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 07/28/2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I tried the twist and it works great, or least better than syncing to itunes. Like that it lets you grab utube videos off the web as well. The older itunes videos dont work on the Pre, but the newer ones do. Same with some of the older songs. Some of my podcasts didnt make it either, but this is the only thing that lets me get any podcasts. Need to play with it some more and see if I can drag the podcasts over because I can see them in doubletwist and they will play.
    Does it sync files BACK to the computer?

I have pictures I just took with my Pre, but it doesn't sync them back to the computer. It seems to only sync one way...

Also "Sync Pictures" never occurs automatically. Only "Sync Music" is checked when syncing. I have to wait for it to finish, and then click "sync pictures" and do it again. But then it's moot because it doesn't sync the pictures back to my computer anyway.

Is anyone else experiences this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizteD25 View Post
    Open your music app. Select "Shuffle all". Find a song you like, maybe you want to hear the whole album? Turn shuffle off...what happens?

Now, Open your Music app, select Playlists, select some large playlist (perhaps your rated music), "Shuffle all", find a song you like, turn shuffle off. What happens?

(hint: playlists allow you to alternate between song and album shuffling with the press of a single button (shuffle on/off)).

Some of us have attention spans longer than one song and prefer a smarter shuffle

Playlist support is the "killer feature" for me... I won't user another media sync app without it. Now why DoubleTwist doesn't just support M3U playlists I have no idea. Cut Apple out altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Now why DoubleTwist doesn't just support M3U playlists I have no idea. Cut Apple out altogether.
    Duh, answered my own question: the Pre appears to only support iTunes playlists. WEAK.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    DoubleTwist may be great down the road, but it's not now. For one- it doesn't transfer album art (unless it's actually embedded in the ID3 tag- something that iTunes doesn't do anymore unless you force it to). For two- like the article said, it doesn't utilize playlists, making it almost worthless if you use playlists.

Close, but not quite there yet.
    Agreed. I tried it out and was disappointed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast