Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can't remotely handle my large library.. playlists didn't work. looks good, too slow, not enough features.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I went with songbird. Unfortunately what I've found is if you've bought lots of music from itunes It'll be a substantial amount of work fixing the artwork. The itunes system of storing artwork is not used by anything outside of itunes so if you want to sync with other media players or portable devices your artwork is jacked up. I suspect Apple did it this way as just another reason for you to purchase an ipod or iphone, which is O.K., but there are many media players that are better than itunes that you'll never be able to fully experience.

I use a Mac and with nearly 50GB of music so there's just no efficient way for me fix all of the artwork without going album by album. Again, this ok, I made the bad decision to go with itunes years ago even after hearing the warnings. Although Songbird doesn't put a playlist on your device, it does move the individual songs in a playlist to your device and keeps those songs synced with the playlist. I'm just waiting for the NAN player so I can make the playlist on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I went with songbird. Unfortunately what I've found is if you've bought lots of music from itunes It'll be a substantial amount of work fixing the artwork. The itunes system of storing artwork is not used by anything outside of itunes so if you want to sync with other media players or portable devices your artwork is jacked up. I suspect Apple did it this way as just another reason for you to purchase an ipod or iphone, which is O.K., but there are many media players that are better than itunes that you'll never be able to fully experience.

I use a Mac and with nearly 50GB of music so there's just no efficient way for me fix all of the artwork without going album by album. Again, this ok, I made the bad decision to go with itunes years ago even after hearing the warnings. Although Songbird doesn't put a playlist on your device, it does move the individual songs in a playlist to your device and keeps those songs synced with the playlist. I'm just waiting for the NAN player so I can make the playlist on the device.
    I only had about 187 purchased songs, but converting them and getting back all of the data and artwork was a total PITA. I'll never purchase from iTunes again.
    NEW PC DOUBLETWIST VERSION RELEASED YESTERDAY TO 2.4.0.2006

- No Amazon store yet
    - NO need for iTunes
    - Double Twist's own music Library & Playlists

Update: I was literally about to press post button but thought i'd bring info from DT forums...but i can't find the stuff that was posted. They may have retracted the update bc I know it was already late to begin with this week. But i'm posting this anyways just in case you can update in the program itself, I did.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12